PDA

View Full Version : Wipe Option on handheld?

RiceEatingZR1
04-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Hey guys-

I am working with a company that has a BES server and the Wipe option has been removed from all the handhelds we use models from 7130E to 8703E and 8830's, My question is where in the BES can I set it back up to put the Wipe feature back on the Handhelds so that users can Wipe the BB from the handheld?

If this isn't the correct spot for this thread can one of the mods please move it to the correct location.

Thank you

penguin3107
04-29-2008, 01:53 PM
To my knowledge, there is no way to remove that option from the handheld using BES IT Policy.

The Wipe Handheld option is in one of these two places on those devices:

Settings > Options > Security Options > General Settings > ::click trackwheel or menu button:: > Wipe Handheld

-or-

Options > Security Options > General Settings > ::click trackwheel or menu button:: > Wipe Handheld

RiceEatingZR1
04-29-2008, 02:06 PM
yeah its no in either location.. From what I was told by the last person that was at this company they disabled it on the handhelds so no on can "accidently wipe" a device.

Dinan3
04-29-2008, 02:59 PM
yeah its no in either location.. From what I was told by the last person that was at this company they disabled it on the handhelds so no on can "accidently wipe" a device.

Your IT Policy may have restricted this feature. Speak with your BES administrator and have him/her help you with a device wipe.

penguin3107
04-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Your IT Policy may have restricted this feature.

What IT Policy setting might that be? I can't seem to find one that would remove the Wipe Handheld feature.

penguin3107
04-29-2008, 04:26 PM

Accidentally wipe? That's ridiculous.

How about this...
Set a password on the device, then enter it wrong 10 times.
The device will automatically wipe itself.

Sith_Apprentice
04-29-2008, 04:29 PM
or just wipe remotely if its been activated on the BES. and the setting i do not believe can be removed from the device, no IT policy that can set to do this. you can disable/enable many other security features, but i just went through all of them and did not see it. What penguin mentioned earlier is on the device, not the BES. so have a user go to options > security > general > menu > wipe handheld

takeshi
04-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Accidentally wipe? That's ridiculous.

You're either optimistic, lucky or have smarter users than the rest of us. ;-)

penguin3107
04-30-2008, 03:25 PM
You're either optimistic, lucky or have smarter users than the rest of us. ;-)

I've had users accidentally wipe their device... but none have accidentally wiped by going into
Options > Security options > General Settings > Wipe Handheld and then typing 'blackberry' to confirm.
That would be intentional, not accidental. ;-)