PDA

View Full Version : Need advice sorting incoming data

ericnord
04-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Hey everyone,

I just bought a 8820 and love it. I'm using the Zen Today Plus theme which has the 'messages' as the first item. My problem is that I get have my gmail, work email, and phone text messages all going into that folder. I'm missing when someone sends me a text message because I also get the 100s of emails a day.

Is there a way I can create a folder on the Zen Today Plus Theme and have all gmail and text messages that come from the phone go to one folder. Then I can have a second folder that would get all the work emails that come from the redirector.

If not through Zen Today Plus, any other suggestions would also help.

Thanks for all the information on the site so far!

Foxglove
04-29-2008, 04:23 PM
From your messages folder hit menu key and select Options go to General Options then scroll to bottom of screen and at SMS / Email Inboxes select Separate.

CO_BBTechie
04-29-2008, 04:28 PM
What he said... though to address your second question; Your Gmail (BIS) and corporate mail (BES) should already be available in separate folders BUT your Gmail will continue to show up in your BES folder also. I'm not aware of a method to change that.

ericnord
04-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the response.

To clarify, I'm on BIS only since I'm redirecting corporate emails since we are lacking BES.

Thanks

ericnord
04-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Anyway I can get the SMS messages to display like the 'messages' on the Zen Today Plus theme? When I separated out my SMS from Emails now SMS are not shown on the main page, only as an icon on the apps page or on the little quick launch right nav.

Thanks

Gareth.Hooper
04-30-2008, 05:20 AM
If the above setting under Message options is done (Seperate) the SMS will have a separate inbox has you have seen and should. If specificed as seperate it will over-ride the Theme default setting. As for the email accounts, also depending on how you have setup the redirection, you will have an inbox for each account and then the main inbox for all mail. So for Gmail there will be an Inbox of its own and then if you redirecting your work mail to the blackberry device mobileemail address, this will have its own inbox, All seperate icons. How I work is move the Main inbox icon further down on the screen or hide it and the move the other mail inbox icons as required. Then as an example, composing a message from that particular inbox will send as that account.

takeshi
04-30-2008, 03:11 PM
When I separated out my SMS from Emails now SMS are not shown on the main page, only as an icon on the apps page or on the little quick launch right nav.

That's controlled by the theme. Regular Zen will create an icon among the other icons, IIRC.