PDA

View Full Version : Licensing Alerts

amadru
04-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Anyone know what I can use or how to setup the BES to alert when license counts get low? I support the BES but I don't usually provision users on it, that is done by our security team so they usually only tell me that we are getting low when they start receiving the "over limit" notices. Anyone know of anything or a BES option I could use to send alerts for this? We usually purchase licenses in 100 packs when we get down to about 10 or 15 users.

2 BESes with just over 800 users total.
BES 4.1.4
Exchange 2003 (43 Exchange servers)

hdawg
04-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Anyone know what I can use or how to setup the BES to alert when license counts get low? I support the BES but I don't usually provision users on it, that is done by our security team so they usually only tell me that we are getting low when they start receiving the "over limit" notices. Anyone know of anything or a BES option I could use to send alerts for this? We usually purchase licenses in 100 packs when we get down to about 10 or 15 users.

2 BESes with just over 800 users total.
BES 4.1.4
Exchange 2003 (43 Exchange servers)

You could attempt to use the snmp MIB ... give this (http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/94610-sql-queries-oh-my.html) a read