PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Problem

mbupane
04-30-2008, 04:46 PM
First off let me preface this post with saying I have done extensive reading in the forums to ensure someone else had not posted something very similiar or dead on to my issue. So, if I missed it, I apologize in advance.

Alright,

We've been using BES 4.1.4 MR4 for the last several months on a machine that is tied in to an Exchange 2007 SP1 box. For the majority of that time everything worked except the calendar synch which we learned to live with. (Our Outlooks synched to our BlackBerries but never vice versa... ever) Everything else however worked, Mail, Folders, Tasks, Memo, Cotacts etc... Both ways, no problem. We where happy.

Well the machine we had it on was pretty much going down hill and related and unrelated to the BES it was dying. I took this oppertunity to install a new BES on new hardware.

I installed a brand new BES following all tools, tips and guidelines on these forums on a brand new box and got it up and running with very little effort. I took the liberty of installing BES 4.1.5 and everything went really smooth.

I created my user accounts and activated and synched my blackberries back in and everything appeared to be good. We even had our calendar synch working both ways which just amused me as I thought to myself "Wow all I needed to do was just start from scratch and try again."

Anyways, here is my dilemma. Everything works, both ways, you name it, except email reconciliation.

Contacts, Fine. Calendar, Fine. Memo/Tasks, Fine. IT Policy Delivered, Fine. Servie Books, Fine. Email though its weird.

If you do anything on the BlackBerry, it synchs to Outlook. Delete, it deletes from Outlook. File, it files in Outlooks. Open a message, or re-flag something for being unread, no problem. However, when you do any of the above in Outlook, none of it synchs to the BlackBerry... ever. I mean, its not the 30 minute delay, heck 24 hours doesn't even make the change, and when you run "Reconcile Now" anything you did on the BB that hadn't synched yet synchs but nothing from Outlook at all synchs.

It doesn't work manually, or automatically. It is bizzare.

I have all the reconciliations set to bidrectional, I've confirmed all server settings I can think of. I have even wiped and re-activated the BlackBerries and they behave the exact same way.

BES: BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Exchange 4.1.5
Database: SQL Server 2005

Does anyone have any clues? I am at wits end, and have run out of things to try, googled out completely all avenues I can think of, and am overall just at a loss at the moment on finding a solution.

Oh and to add insult to injury, Event Viewer does not report any errors or abnormal behavior beyond what you normally see on a BES and there are certainly no major errors.

Thoughts?? Thanks in Advance!!

funkyp56
04-30-2008, 05:45 PM
I was sorta having that problem a few minutes ago, only the problem i was having was with the contacts. Only 40 users on our BES so I rebooted it, works fine now

gibson_hg
04-30-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm sure you've checked but is the settings on the device for Email Reconciliation?

mbupane
05-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Yes, Wireless Reconciliation is enabled on both of the BlackBerry Devices, and it shows as enabled on the BlackBerry Manager for those two devices.

It still baffles me that every single aspect of everything that is supposed to work, works, except for Outlook (Mail Only) not synching down to the BlackBerry, but the BlackBerry synchs up to Outlook just fine.

I've checked the MAPI Components, I checked all the SRP Connections, checked and re-checked the AD permissions a few times to ensure I didn't miss something.

I'll let you know if anything else happens that may be indicitive of the problem.

Oh, and I tried rebooting it a few times too, each time it comes back up, and everything is smooth, except for that one issue.