PDA

View Full Version : BB Messenger Issue

wildcat55
04-30-2008, 11:15 PM
I have read through all of the forums, but can't find an answer to this question:

My friend and I are trying to get BB Messenger to work. I have the 8830, she has a 7250. It took several tries, but we were finally able to get each other added to the contact list. She is always shown as "Busy" on my phone and she says the same about me. I will type a message, and the "D" will come up. She is receiving them on her end, but I am not seeing her response.

I have other friends who I communicate with no problem through BB Messenger. She is on a BES, I am not.

Any thoughts? I have done a battery pull, but to no avail.

Thanks!

zerog46
04-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Delete each other and reand that might work..

Gkins3
05-01-2008, 07:59 PM
I have noticed what you mention as well, and have pretty much narrowed it down to a Verizon issue (or other carriers communicating with a Verizon phone anyhow). I only have about 30 people in my Messenger contacts, and 4 of them are ALWAYS unavailable... all 4 are with Verizon. None of the others ever show unavailable. However when I send them a message it actually does go through even though they still show unavailable.

Good luck...

zerog46
05-01-2008, 08:02 PM
It's been talked about before, it's not just verizon, I have problems with Tmo. and AT&T.

Gkins3
05-01-2008, 08:07 PM
At least in my area of the County, it is Verizon. Maybe not in yours or others. Thats why I said "I have noticed" instead of making a general comment.

wildcat55
05-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

I have other friends with Sprint who it works great with. It is just driving us crazy that I can't see her messages. It is becoming an obsession for us to figure out the problem! Maybe there isn't a solution though.

Thanks again.