PDA

View Full Version : Can't sync email field from Outlook contacts

kanjigirl
05-04-2008, 09:38 PM
I have a new 8320 and just started working with the Desktop Manager tonight. I've exported my contacts from Outlook as a .csv file, I understand how to set DM up for syncing and how to map fields...

But there's no 'Email' field listed. I tried 'Internet Address1' and that didn't work. I looked at the help file, and it's different from what's shown in the field mapping list - it shows 'Email1' and 'Email2' and 'Email3.' None of those worked either. I tried labeling the field simply 'Email' and that also didn't work.

What field do I choose to get email addresses from my .csv files into the BB?

JSanders
05-04-2008, 10:05 PM
It is not your question--but why export from Outlook to CSV for syncing, Outlook syncs great via DM to the BB.

But in your original question, doesn't "Email1", etc., show as a choice in the mapping between the BB and the CSV file?

kanjigirl
05-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Actually, I exported the .csv file from Thunderbird and no, there is no option containing the word 'Email' at all in the field mappings although it is shown in the example in the Help file that comes with it.

I'm using DM 4.2.2.14 which came with the 8320 - do I need to get a newer edition? And if so where do I go to do that?

Would it make a difference if I imported the contacts into Outlook from T-bird and try syncing that way? I want to only sync certain contact folders, not the entire address book.

JSanders
05-05-2008, 09:33 AM
It is much more seamless to sync with Outlook, and you can simply sync with the main contact folder in Outlook, any sub-folders will not sync--the DM sync app will not see them.

I see in field mapping between my BB and Outlook, the defaulted field map that works is

(on BB) Internet Address1 <-> Email1 Address (on MSOutlook)

kanjigirl
05-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I imported those contacts to Outlook and split them into categories rather than folders. Working fine now, thank you.