PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Manager

Fritzie
05-06-2008, 09:49 AM
How can I turn off the auto-startup (with Windows) Desktop Manager? Do I have to reinstall? I recall that I had to select a button to set auto-start when I installed Desktop. I'd like to be able to turn it on and off when I need it. Thanks! FG:?:?

daphne
05-06-2008, 11:47 AM
I don't see a way within the program to change that, but maybe I'm missing something. If you are comfortable editing the registry you could change it there. Otherwise the best way is to uninstall and re-install the program.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

ma077146
05-06-2008, 12:38 PM
When you install the Desktop Manager, you have the option to have it start each time the OS boots. I think you have to choose which way you want it to work at that time.

You may need to uninstall the DM, restart your machine, and reinstall DM to change now.

Phranc
05-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Click Start|Run type in msconfig. Choose Startup tab. Uncheck Desktop Manager. Click OK, then allow the restart. To turn it back on, reverse this.

Dawg
05-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Click Start|Run type in msconfig. Choose Startup tab. Uncheck Desktop Manager. Click OK, then allow the restart. To turn it back on, reverse this.

Good Call

reservecops
06-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Click Start|Run type in msconfig. Choose Startup tab. Uncheck Desktop Manager. Click OK, then allow the restart. To turn it back on, reverse this.Actually, it's much easier than that.

When your BB is connected to your PC (e.g., during/after running the Desktop Manager software), you'll see an icon near the Windows toolbar clock that looks like a little white computer with a BlackBerry in front of it.

Double-click that icon.

On the resulting config screen, you simpy check/uncheck the checkbox next to the label "Start BlackBerry Device Manager on system startup". (y)