PDA

View Full Version : Accepting meeting requests for someone else's calendar

mcb01
05-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi all,
I have a user in my company who is a delegate in Outlook for her supervisor, and she has the supervisor's calendar synced to her BB instead of her own. This is via Desktop Manager. She does have her own email sent to her BB though wirelessly.

She receives copies of meeting requests sent to him, in her email (in both Outlook and on the BB). When she opens the meeting request on the BB, the options to accept or decline are missing. Could this be because it is not her own calendar that is on the BB? I am thinking the BB does not have the functionality to do this unless it is for meeting requests sent directly to you. Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks

aiharkness
05-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g)

I haven't dealt with this, but I gather you are saying she does have accept reject function on requests sent to her, but not when she is cc'd. That suggests she has the service books but, as you say, the function is not there if you are cc'd. I don't really know and I'm just going on the description of what's going on.

By the way, I'm on BIS and all invitees are on the to line. In your case, what about having the senders put your user in the to field instead of cc.

Of course all the above assumes I understand the OP correctly.

mcb01
05-07-2008, 04:37 PM
As it turns out, no she doesn't even have accept/decline as options even when a request is sent to her directly. I'm thinking this is due to either the fact that she is syncing someone else's calendar, or the fact that it is doing so through desktop manager as opposed to being done wirelessly through BES.

aiharkness
05-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g)

Does she have the CICAL service books?

I missed whether your user is on BES, and I don't know how BES is different in this case. Also, I don't see what model and OS we are talking about. For someone on BIS with OS 4.2 or newer, if the CICAL service book(s) are missing, the solution is to resend service books. That will restore the calendar invite function (at least in the case of BIS).

EDIT: What I'm going on is the fact that she should see the calendar invite for invites sent to her address.

I'm not sure about the calendar issue. My reference point is the example of someone sync'ing there blackberry with multiple Outlooks (one at work, the other on a home computer). I see the bosses calendar in this context. On her blackberry, it's her 'calendar' though it is the bosses info.

Someone will correct me where I'm wrong, I hope. But make sure your user has the service books, or have them resent.

takeshi
05-08-2008, 08:57 AM
I think there are threads that address the issue of not being able to respond to meeting requests on BES in general but not any that address accepting meeting requests on behalf of someone else (I'm not even sure if this is possible). I'd suggest getting the base meeting request issue resolved first. Is she the only one on this BES server with this issue?

mcb01
05-08-2008, 09:13 AM
aiharkness, I'm not sure about CICAL, but I'll check. We are on BES and she has a T-Mobile 7290 with OS 4.1.0.309.

takeshi, yes she is the only one.

I'll try syncing it with her own calendar to see if accept/decline show up as options that way.

EDIT: Desktop [CICAL] is listed there.