PDA

View Full Version : Odd problem sync'ing w/ Outlook 2003

sandspider33
05-07-2008, 05:08 PM
I just received my 8830. Every time I sync it to Outlook (via USB), I get a dialog box asking me to accept changes to calendar entries. The thing is I didn't change anything. After further investigation, it appears that it is flagging that the meeting attendees have changed. When I look at the detail, the exact same attendees are there, but the order they appear is different in Outlook and the 8830. So, I accept the changes, and the next time I sync, I get the exact same thing....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-John

aiharkness
05-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g)

Do you have any other sync software running on the computer?

sandspider33
05-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Good thought. Thanks for the quick reply. I did forget to remove ActiveSync after I stopped using my Treo. I removed it, but I still have the problem. It appears to have something to do with people who are both in my local Outlook Contacts and in my company's Global Address List. For example, lets say I have a contact named "Bob Smith" in my contacts, but his name in the GAL is "Smith, Robert X."

I sync and I get the following:
Outlook Value: Smith, Robert X; SMTP; robert.x.smith@<hidden>
BB Value: Bob Smith; SMTP; robert.x.smith@<hidden>

I sync immediately after and I get the following:
Outlook Value: Bob Smith; SMTP; robert.x.smith@<hidden>
BB Value: Smith, Robert X; SMTP; robert.x.smith@<hidden>

It seems to swap values with each sync. I don't know if it matters, but I am working offline right now. I will see if something different happens when I am on the company network.

cameron10712
10-24-2008, 11:56 AM
I've been having this same problem for months. I found the answer in a different thread, from zerog46.

"Connect your BB to your DM, open the back up restore, Go to advanced, then go to the box on the right, device data, then delete the calendar database, remove the BB from the DM and pull the battery while the BB is powered on. Put the battery back in then resync. This should work."

It worked for me perfectly. Now my calendars sync correctly.