PDA

View Full Version : How to: dope wars on BB 8700R ???

03rollaS
05-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Help. I want to put the game dope wars on my BB 8700R. I've already dl and saved the .jad file onto my computer. How do i transfer the game to my BB? I opened my desktop manager and went to application loader and it says "there is an xml syntax error on line 1".. what does that mean.... HELP PLS

Kormac
05-08-2008, 01:50 PM
JAD files are meant to be installed OTA.

E-mail the URL to an address that you check on the BB (or type in the URL in the browser application). You'll have the option to download and run the application.

Kormac

03rollaS
05-08-2008, 02:14 PM
is there another way where i can just transfer the game without having to go into internet browser with my BB (no data service)..? sorry.. but whats ota? ....

Ricky-Ray
05-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Over The Air.

Where did you get that game?

Kormac
05-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Sorry.

OTA is Over The Air (through the Blackberry's data connection to the wireless network).

If you only have the JAD/JAR file you'll need to convert it to a COD and then create a matching ALX file. You'll need the BlackBerry development tools to convert the file (I think the rapc tool in the BB IDE will do this for you), and any text editor can output the ALX file, but you'll need to know the syntax/format (I'm sure someone has a template, or download one and modify it to your needs).

Kormac

03rollaS
05-08-2008, 10:37 PM
i dl the game from this forums website..it was a link from a user....ummm it sounds to complicating. if someone has a format where i can use my usb cable and open my desktop manager and easily transfer it to my BB, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanx guys for the help.