PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry 7100t Connection

Outie
07-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey all new to the forums and love it so far.

Couple Questions:

I found out how to convert MP3 to adp files for my blackberry but how do I send the files to the phone. I have the cable connected to the unit and that works fine. But I do not see how to send them to the phone.

Also Tmobile said they will unlock it for me tomorrow so I may travel overseas with it!! Has anyone used it with Cingular? Any hint and tips to use it with that service?

Thanks in advance

CHris

jasonb
07-31-2005, 09:19 PM
1.) You cannot transfer the files via a cable. The best forum that I have found is the 7100 ADCPM Ringtones. This has the most information that I found truly usefull. The biggest thing is that you will need to have a web page with the files posted on them and download them from the BB browser and save them.

2.) I have not used it like this yet. But, I will need to have this done. My job is going to start requiring me to travel. I would be curious how this works for you.

NJBlackBerry
07-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Why do you need to unlock your BlackBerry to travel? If you change the SIM card in another country, you will have to make sure that the new (foreign) SIM card has a BlackBerry Service Plan on it. Easier said then done.

Outie
07-31-2005, 10:23 PM
Why do you need to unlock your BlackBerry to travel? If you change the SIM card in another country, you will have to make sure that the new (foreign) SIM card has a BlackBerry Service Plan on it. Easier said then done.

So that I would be able to use it with my cingular service my office uses

NJBlackBerry
08-01-2005, 05:44 AM
Actually I was responding to jasonb's comment "I have not used it like this yet. But, I will need to have this done. My job is going to start requiring me to travel. I would be curious how this works for you."

ntron1
08-01-2005, 06:31 AM
I use mine overseas all the time on TMobile. Why would you need it unlocked other than to get cheaper rates on Vodaphone or another "local provider" with a local SIM. I called T-Mobile, had them activate international service for free and I pay $0.99 per minute.

jasonb
08-01-2005, 07:29 AM
Oh, I forgot about that. I have only had it for about a month. I didn't know if I had to wait the 90 days or not for them to do that.

lrdiaz
08-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey all new to the forums and love it so far.

Couple Questions:

I found out how to convert MP3 to adp files for my blackberry but how do I send the files to the phone. I have the cable connected to the unit and that works fine. But I do not see how to send them to the phone.

Also Tmobile said they will unlock it for me tomorrow so I may travel overseas with it!! Has anyone used it with Cingular? Any hint and tips to use it with that service?

Thanks in advance

CHris

Cingular offers an International BB service unlimited email & browsing for $69 p/month. I have been in the UK since April and receiving BES and BWC email on my 7100g since then. Have not used the Browser much due to slow speeds.