PDA

View Full Version : TMo BIS/GMail Issue

John Clark
05-08-2008, 04:30 PM
I just suddenly received a message on my BB saying that my gmail account is no longer accessible by my BB device. Says that this issue is likely caused by a recent change to the password. No Gmail is coming to my device. However, I didn't change it and I can still access GMail on the web with the same old password. When I go to the TMo BIS site to update or add GMail it says "error in validating the email address." I was able to add an @<hidden> address just fine.

Is there a GMail outage? Anyone else besides me experiencing this?

aiharkness
05-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g)

I've had this happen once or twice with BIS (not gmail, but either yahoo or one of my ISP email addresses), but I was always able to add it back right away. Is this the first time this has happened to you? I bet it's a google-BIS issue that will straighten out. (And I won't be surprised if it is happening to some people and not others, or even just to you.)

John Clark
05-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Well, I signed in to Google and went and changed my password to something else. I then went back to BIS site and typed in the new password and it went through? What gives?

aiharkness
05-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g)

Who knows? Perhaps it wasn't the new password at all and repeating with your old password might have gone through if you had tried again. It's all over my head.

John Clark
05-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Very strange. I got that message a while back and just went in and validated the email address again and it was fine. This time it wouldn't do that. I used the old password to get into Google on the web. It's just that BIS didn't like it all of a sudden. *shakes head*

ezrunner
05-08-2008, 05:16 PM
have seen this happen a few times with customer no real reason just happens for some reason