PDA

View Full Version : New to Blackberry Help

spd2612
05-09-2008, 09:19 AM
I have always been a Palm user and just didnt see anything from Palm that jumped out at me so I got a Blackberry Curve from Verizon.

Verizon dosent seem to be able to discribe there blackberry plans to me
I currently have a voice share plan of 1400 minutes and a 250 txt message plan Because I was unsure of what to get for the Blackberry when I ordered it I got the Email and Web plan for 29.95
I know Verizon has a second Blackberry plan at 44.95 and it says unlimited
They couldnt explain the difference to me
Is there any data or email limits on the 29.95 plan ? I dont want to get a bill for overages in Data or web.

Can someone explain the differences

Thanks for your help

Dubdub
05-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Not real sure, but my guess is the $44.95 plan is the Corporate BES plan and the $29.95 is the personal BIS. The personal BIS is most likely what you want.

tpoon
05-09-2008, 02:09 PM
I have the basic Verizon BES plan, and I utilize hosted Blackberry for only $8.95 per month. This is limitless, and has proved itself in so many different ways. You can check out the service at The Message Center Exchange Hosting (http://www.TheMessageCenter.com)

Dubdub
05-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I have the basic Verizon BES plan, and I utilize hosted Blackberry for only $8.95 per month. This is limitless, and has proved itself in so many different ways. You can check out the service at The Message Center Exchange Hosting (http://www.TheMessageCenter.com)

What does that have to do with answering the question?

tsac
05-09-2008, 10:25 PM
On the Verizon site it shows an unlimited plan and a plan that implies a limit but does not state what the limits is. It does however offer a plan for $99 that does state it covers email. No where on the site does it offer a plan as low as you have that includes what you state.
If I were to get a plan to take full advantage of the BB, it must have unlimited data to be sure it does not have a limit on email or web access. Most plans DO NOT cover text messaging so be careful there. The usually cost a few dollars more . I have a Verizon account and just to see what it would cost selected an upgrade option. The lowest cost it offered me was

“ A bundled package with voice allowance, unlimited messaging, and wireless data usage for quick and easy remote access to email over your BlackBerry handheld.

Monthly access starting at $99.99”

My advice …be very cautious until you can verify the costs.

spd2612
05-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Well just a FYI
Verizon dosent post there Blackberry plans seperate unless you already have a nationwide voice plan Just like they dont post there 250 text message plan unless you ask.
Thats why the site was so confusing to me but the web and e mail plan is unlimited you just cant use a corporate serve like Lotus notes with it.\
Thanks for the replys I did alot of research to come up with this. Verizon is difficult to figure out but have the best voice coverage for my area