PDA

View Full Version : Gmail/Email Verizon Wireless Question

Muse
05-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi i was just wondering for those verizon users of the 8830 that use the email services with their blackberry, which one do you find more useful? for example i set up my gmail account through the Setup Wizard but then also download the Gmail blackberry mobile app from Google.com. So i was just wondering which ones do you 8830 users find more convenient? And if so why?
thanks,
-tony

shael
05-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Tony,

I find the dedicated Gmail application to be relatively sluggish compared to using the Blackberry to handle e-mails. If starring messages, archiving or looking up multiple e-mail addresses that you don't otherwise have in your BB address book are important features to you, the dedicated application might have more use. A caveat, however if you use the BB to reply to threads on Gmail (specifically to other Gmail users) - make sure you "delete original text" when replying.

Enjoy,
Shael

akosnitzky
05-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Separate APP is useful when you inadvertently delete sometjing from your handheld. Otherwise, stick with the bb service.

tj13
05-09-2008, 03:45 PM
"A caveat, however if you use the BB to reply to threads on Gmail (specifically to other Gmail users) - make sure you "delete original text" when replying."

i am setting up my gmail too and i find this topic interesting..why the delete?

Muse
05-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I still don't understand which form i receive email in is better tho. Can someone weigh out the pros and cons as to using my gmail through bberry setup or the google gmail app I downloaded, it seems as tho gmail is more visibly pleasing than receiving and viewing my mail through my messages. Thanks again.

shael
05-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Wirelessly posted

tjl3,

For example: If you don't delete that original text and have several e-mails back-and-forth...the Gmail recepient, reading the message on the computer, or anyone else for that matter, will have lines upon lines of annoying, original text. The e-mail ends up looking like a typical "fwd" spam message.

shael
05-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Wirelessly posted

Muse,

If you're concerned with getting your e-mails quickly and responding in kind, don't use the dedicated application. If you need other features or constantly need to look at tabs in an e-mail thread use the app. I have both on my BB as do most people I know; I use the app a few times a day, otherwise I'm content to use my standard inbox on my 8830 99% of the time. If for whatever reason you won't have both on your BB, spend the time to test out both methods, it's is all part of the excitement anyway...

akosnitzky
05-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Wirelessly posted

tjl3,

For example: If you don't delete that original text and have several e-mails back-and-forth...the Gmail recepient, reading the message on the computer, or anyone else for that matter, will have lines upon lines of annoying, original text. The e-mail ends up looking like a typical "fwd" spam message.

Interesting. I did not realize. Thank you.