PDA

View Full Version : sim card phone book

chrisduckman
05-09-2008, 04:10 PM
hey guys im new to the site and this question has probably been asked a million times before but, how do i wipe my sim phonebook then transfer numbers from phone to the newly wiped sim card?

Jessessays
05-09-2008, 04:58 PM
So i understand this correctly, you have 2 sim cards, one is old one is new, you want the old one with all of your sim information on it to be on the new card or do you want it saved on the device?

chrisduckman
05-09-2008, 05:04 PM
no i have only 1 sim card. basically i just wanna know if i can copy all numbers to sim phone book and overwrite the current numbers on it because i wanna wipe my handheld cause it running super bad.

Ricky-Ray
05-09-2008, 06:56 PM
I dont' think there's an option to copy from device to SIM card. There is one going the opposite way. Why don't you just backup the device using Desktop Manager and after you've wiped the device do a restore. I'm thinking that would be much easier.

If you store the contact info on the SIM card you would only get their name and number. If you do a backup and restore you'd maintain all of the other info like addres, email, IM, and so on.

ppapared
05-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Here is something you can try but will cost a couple dollars. I manage my phones here at my company and alot of the users like to store personal numbers on the SIM Card. This program will allow you to use your SIM just like a file and copy/delete/backup whatever you want to do. You also have to buy a USB SIM Card Reader.

SIM card editor - mobile phone card management software - create, edit and backup phonebook entries using PC - Dekart SIM Manager (http://www.dekart.com/products/card_management/sim_manager/)

chrisduckman
05-10-2008, 04:20 PM
thats awsome thank you for the help!