PDA

View Full Version : GPS on 8800

Kjartan87
05-09-2008, 08:21 PM
hello, i am a blackberry n00b and i have a question; i cant find the gps on my 8800,or,i only find it under advanced options and then i can only access where i currently am,no map,no nothing,just some numberst telling me where i am.
can anyone tell me where to find it? i do not have a blackberry subscrition as i have a unlocked phone purchased in usa and i live in norway.

and one more question before i forget about it; how do i set up the gprs manually?

hope you can help me!

i am shure you have been asked this a million times before btw :)

Dubdub
05-09-2008, 09:21 PM
WHat you see is what you have. You need a map application to turn the GPS data (lat/long) into useful information. You can download BBMaps or GoogleMaps, those are free and offer very basic mapping functions. However, you MUST have a BB dataplan to use them as it only downloads the section it is using and keeps downloading as you move. Map apps or data cannot be stored on the SD card or in internal memory..

mjgs1971
05-09-2008, 09:46 PM
and one more question before i forget about it; how do i set up the gprs manually?
:)

Welcome aboard the BB Forums, Kjartan87!

I'm afraid you can't set up the GPRS manually. It's carrier, and location-specific related. Sometimes you'll get the following, gsm, GSM, gprs, GPRS, edge, EDGE.

See here for details:

BlackBerry Glossary - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Glossary) (Network Types)
8-)

Kjartan87
05-09-2008, 10:02 PM
thanks for quick and helpful replies!