PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Battery Pulls Necessary

Reverend Beavis
05-09-2008, 11:02 PM
I've had my TMO 8800 for over a year. Lately, over the past several weeks, I've noticed more often that my emails aren't coming through. I pull the battery and let it reboot and the messages come through. Right now I have to do this about once a day. The first 9-10 months, I rarely had to do this. Any ideas why, and what I can do about it?

Ombus
05-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Have you install any app recently that may screw around with your connection settings?

Also, I've notice that the wireless automatically turns off when battery is low...

Good luck!

greggebhardt
05-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Something is wrong. My 8820 does not require a battery pull like my Curve. No memory leak on the 8820 as it has the same amount of memory after the pull it did before.

You need to tell us about your coverage as an old trick to regain coverage is to pull the battery. I know from experience that if coverage is poor at my location (very seldom with ATT), I can pull the battery and let the phone reboot and it will grab a signal. Any messsages that were not deleivered from lack of signal would be delivered.

How many bars do you have showing? Just recently moved or in a new location?

akosnitzky
05-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Press ALT + ESC to have a lot of unnecessary apps running just before you do the battery pull?

Reverend Beavis
05-10-2008, 09:57 AM
It's not an issue with the signal, since I often times have 3 or more bars when I notice the problem.

I usually only have the 'always on' apps running (mail, browser, etc). I use media player alot, but this isn't an issue with the battery running down. I keep close watch on the battery level and plug it in at home or work if I notice it getting down around 1/3 level.

JSanders
05-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Have you updated the OS recently? Try the most recent OS update in the Sticky Notes at the top of this section.

Rhyalus
05-17-2008, 11:05 AM
ALT-CAP-DEL instead of battery pull... Can't help you with the problem, but at least this is easier... :-)