PDA

View Full Version : BT sync??

Dmat
05-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Can i sync my BB and pocketmac through my BT so i can get rid of the using a USB wire?

Dmat
05-12-2008, 02:26 PM
i noticedy that in pocketmac, the connection tab if you choose serial port it gives you three choice: bluetooth-PDA-Sync, Blacknberry8130-BlackBerry-1, or Bluetooth-Modem. Would this be how i go about syncing using bluetooth, if so, which one do i choose?

Dmat
05-12-2008, 03:06 PM
OK since no one else seems to know how to do this either ive been experimenting for the last hour and have gotten no where everytime i try and run the PM sync I get an error code sayin "unable to synce with BB, error code 1, skipping" someone please help so i can get back to real work

Sith_Apprentice
05-12-2008, 03:07 PM
you need to give it a little more than 1 hour to get a response. I would respond but stay away from Macs usually and have never used them with a BlackBerry.

Dmat
05-12-2008, 03:11 PM
LOL thanks getting a lil frustrated and impatient i guess the whole reason i bought a smartphone was so i didnt have to constantly hard-sync my phone but i will be patient thanks

califjewls
05-12-2008, 09:10 PM
I use my Bluetooth to transfer photos, music and videos, but I use the USB cable to transfer iCal, Address Book and Tasks with Missing Sync.

First I set up my BB device with my MacBook Pro, next I click on the BT icon on my MacBook Pro's menu bar. In the drop down menu I choose> Blackberry 8130> Send File> Choose the file you want to transfer> Click Send then you confirm on your Blackberry where you want your file to be saved.

I don't know if you can transfer iCal, Address Book and Tasks with Bluetooth. I believe for now you will have to use your USB cable to sync those.

Hopefully in the future we will see things like this change for us Mac and BB users.