PDA

View Full Version : How to Allow only Certain Callers to make Phone Ring

jay567
05-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi,

I wanted to set up a list of contacts that I would allow to call me and make my phone ring, while all other callers wouldn't make my phone ring. I'm guessing this would be a profile or caller group thing.

How do I set this up? I've had this set up on my Nokia and Sony Ericsson but couldn't figure out how to get this done on a BB. I have a 8820.

Thanks,

Jay

juwaack68
05-12-2008, 09:16 PM
You'd have to create Exceptions (a new Exception under the Profiles) for each person you want to hear, and then use whatever profile has the phone set to 'none' (Quiet has it set that way by default).

Depending on how many people you want to have the special ring for, you could have quite a few Exceptions.

takeshi
05-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Definitely read up on Profiles and Exceptions. Both are very useful.

DallasFlier
05-13-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned this, there's a much nicer way to do that rather than manually making each one an exception via a profile. There's a great aftermarket program called Black & Whitelist which is made to do exactly what you want to do. See the review here:

BerryReview: iBerry BlackBerry Blacklist & Whitelist - Block Unwanted Callers (http://www.blackberryforums.com/bbf-reviews/95574-berryreview-iberry-blackberry-blacklist-whitelist-block-unwanted-callers.html)

juwaack68
05-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks, DallasFlier!

DallasFlier
05-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks, DallasFlier!
Glad to help when I can - afterall, I've gotten a lot of help myself here! :)