PDA

View Full Version : spam templates- Verizon

sgm-co
08-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Anyone have a template of spam filters for Verizon they could post? I created a few filters, but they seem useless.

thanks

SGM-CO

camerch
08-01-2005, 09:53 PM
For the WebClient?

ChrisLuce
08-02-2005, 07:18 AM
Man, I have been getting Spammed to death lately. For the longest time, I never really had a problem but all this spam is coming via the Web Client. Grrrrr.

sgm-co
08-05-2005, 12:11 PM
yes for the web client!

ventmore
08-05-2005, 02:22 PM
yes for the web client!
I am with T-Mobile, so I don't know if the BWC is the same, but I have a filter which basically says, that if it doesn't find any of my actual addresses in the to/cc line, then to send the message to the trash, and not forward it to the handset. It seems to work very well...it was a suggestion from one of the columnists in PC Pro magazine.

I currently only have four accounts set up, and there are four conditions per filter in the t-mobile BWC, so this works fine. If I was to have another account, I guess I would have to have a higher priority filter to explicitly send messages for that account to the inbox, before they hit the spam filter.

HTH
Ventmore

sgm-co
08-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Think Verizon filters might be a bit different.

What addresses are you speaking of? One on the device? I dont' think my filters are as specific as your sound.

Sample of what the Verizon BWC filters look like.

When a new message has the following conditions:

If allany of these conditions are true:

FromSent To/CcSubjectBody containsdoes not contain

Then do the following with the message:

BlackBerry Web Client

Move to folder: InboxDraftSent ItemsDeleted Items
Handheld

Forward messages to handheld Header only
Level 1 notification

Not sure how to use specific addresses unless I was to enter each and every email address I have to a filter.

>:

Thanks
SGM-CO :bb:

ventmore
08-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Think Verizon filters might be a bit different.

What addresses are you speaking of? One on the device? I dont' think my filters are as specific as your sound.

Sample of what the Verizon BWC filters look like.

If allany of these conditions are true:

BlackBerry Web Client

Move to folder: InboxDraftSent ItemsDeleted Items
Handheld

Forward messages to handheld Header only
Level 1 notification

Not sure how to use specific addresses unless I was to enter each and every email address I have to a filter.

>:

Thanks
SGM-CO :bb:
That's what mine looks like.

Basically I have it set like this:

If "ALL" of these conditions are true:

"Sent To/Cc" "does not contain" Enter 1st email address
"Sent To/Cc" "does not contain" Enter 2nd email address
"Sent To/Cc" "does not contain" Enter 3rd email address
"Sent To/Cc" "does not contain" Enter 4th email address

BlackBerry Web Client

Move to folder: Deleted Items

Forward messages to handheld <<<Deselect this
Level 1 notification

As I said, if you have more than four email addresses, then you'll need to create some higher priority filters to catch them before they hit this one, but it seems to work fairly well. As a test, let it move them to "Inbox" instead of "Deleted items" to start off with, so they are still in the BWC Inbox, but not on your handset.

Cheers
Ventmore

sgm-co
08-21-2005, 08:40 AM
I tried these solutions but came to the conclusion that much of the spam was coming in directly from my me@<hidden> account so the spam just kept coming in.

Think I found a new solution and hopefully some people will find it handy.

Current set up with spam issues
*I had all email forwarding from my domain directly to my verizon bb account
*So copies went to my house Outlook (not using the redirector) and to the Blackberry
*The problem here is email wasn't being filter at all
* all email to my Outlook account was/is being filtered by Comcast (that is why I was getting so much spam on my BB but not in Outlook

New Solution"
*I no longer forward email from me@<hidden>
* I created a gmail account and now forward all email going to me@<hidden> to my gmail account
*the Gmail account has a filter/rule set up to then foward to my BB

Now the Gmail account filters all spam and I only get the email I want to my BB. The Gmail filtering does a better job then my Inboxer on my Outlook account. :)

Does that make any sense? Hope this helps some folks that are having spam issues.

If you need a gmail account feel free to drop me a note I have plenty of them.

SGM-CO

T-Roy
08-21-2005, 09:01 AM
i tried that about 6 months ago and gmail just forwarded the spam ... meybe it doesnt anymore?

ventmore
08-21-2005, 09:10 AM
i tried that about 6 months ago and gmail just forwarded the spam ... meybe it doesnt anymore?
Have a search for gmail mate...it has been discussed a lot lately. I'm gonna set mine up next week, but, from what I gather from the threads, the problem you were having 6 months ago was that you were probably telling gmail to use forwarding, rather than setting a filter up to forward mail. Using filters, it hits the gmail inbox first, and is therefore filtered for spam...it is then forwarded as per your filter.

HTH
Ventmore