PDA

View Full Version : BB contents in dedicated XP Desktop, aka Palm

Thomas.Wetter
05-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi BB community,
having migrated from Palm after more than 10 happy years there I dearly miss a full BB and encapsulated desktop for calendar, addresses, todo-lists, maybe notes. For a number of reasons I don't want my calendar and addresses of ten years spoilt by any phantastic Outlook, Novell, Lotus features that I do not really need. E-mail-sync need not be included. Is there anything around for Windows like the Mac OS Mark/Space?
Thanks
ThW

Dubdub
05-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Nope. Outlook, Agenda, Lotus or Groupwise is all there is. Keep in mind, Outlook is probably the most popular PIM out there.

takeshi
05-14-2008, 08:05 AM
I guess the ASCII exporter/importer fits your stated requirements but I suspect that's not what you're looking for. Outlook is pretty much the best option. You can see all of your limited choices by going into the sync settings.

Thomas.Wetter
11-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Having waited and somehow survived with the handheld only, I'm still longing for the dedicated desktop I've been asking for 6 months ago. My corporate outlook has meanwhile become more intrusive, and I'm even more reluctant than in the beginning to let it get in touch with my valuable and well maintained BB resources. Therefore, is there any light of the end of the tunnel that I did not notice?
Thanks
Thomas

djm2
11-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Having waited and somehow survived with the handheld only, I'm still longing for the dedicated desktop I've been asking for 6 months ago. My corporate outlook has meanwhile become more intrusive, and I'm even more reluctant than in the beginning to let it get in touch with my valuable and well maintained BB resources. Therefore, is there any light of the end of the tunnel that I did not notice?
Thanks
Thomas

No there is not.