PDA

View Full Version : Release dates?!?

King Neptune117
05-14-2008, 09:04 PM
RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (AT&T) vs. RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (T-Mobile) vs. RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (Verizon Wireless) vs. RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 (Sprint) - infoSync Reviews (http://reviews.infosyncworld.com/cell-phones/compare/?name1=RIM+BlackBerry+Bold+9000+%28AT%26T%29&name2=RIM+BlackBerry+Bold+9000+%28T-Mobile%29&name3=RIM+BlackBerry+Bold+9000+%28Verizon+Wireless%29&name4=RIM+BlackBerry+Bold+9000+%28Sprint%29)

According to this sprint, verizon, and t-mobiles bold are coming out in september, while at&t's is in july. The page that gave me the link to this also talked a little bit about this.

XBGM3R
05-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah.. I've seen this before as somewhere in another forums. but thank you for post about compares to carriers..

Sith_Apprentice
05-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Pure speculation at this point

The BlackBerry Kid
05-15-2008, 06:20 AM
great info, thanks!

MaxT32
05-15-2008, 08:10 AM
I want one! I dont want a touch screen untill someone can come out with Full QWERTY touch screen. It says $300 is the cost but you know thats a new contract price.

King Neptune117
05-15-2008, 09:04 AM
I want one! I dont want a touch screen untill someone can come out with Full QWERTY touch screen. It says $300 is the cost but you know thats a new contract price.

yea I def want this bold more than a touchscreen. My 2 yr contract is up in October!

WorldIRC
05-15-2008, 09:38 AM
I don't trust that site...first, they mention the Tmobile version will have 3g support when many say it wont. Further, the Tmobile device reads "no" for UMA support.

koleary19067
05-15-2008, 09:49 AM
I can wait for september. No need to upgrade the curve.

King Neptune117
05-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Dont you think that there is a chance that verizon actually might not have to wait. Ive seen plenty of sites saying that other carriers will follow shortly after at&t

Outrigger
05-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Dont you think that there is a chance that verizon actually might not have to wait. Ive seen plenty of sites saying that other carriers will follow shortly after at&t

I understand that you're really hoping to have the Bold on Verizon relatively soon. I can only tell you that the only way to get the Bold THIS year is to switch to a GSM network because Verizon will not be getting it this year, ESPECIALLY if they're going to get the rumored Thunder. I've seen your posts on numerous threads about the Bold coming for Verizon, but you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Both the 88xx series and the curve came out for Verizon after ATT had it for about a year. There isn't even a release date for the Bold, so you're looking at least mid to late 2009 IF the Bold will be out on Verizon at all.

My suggestion is if you really want to stick with Verizon, get a Curve, if you want the Bold that badly, jump ship when it comes out for ATT. But service always more important than a phone. You can have a jesus phone that makes coffee and clean your apartment, but its basically a nice looking paper weight if you get spotty or no service where you make the most phone calls.

sonic117
05-15-2008, 10:19 AM
is this even a legit site with info?

rambo47
05-15-2008, 10:40 AM
According to a friend at Verizon, they haven't even gotten the specs to design a testing program. Forget getting an early CDMA unit for testing - they don't even exist yet. The 9000 is 12 months from a Verizon launch, maybe more. It's not even on the radar yet.

greggebhardt
05-15-2008, 10:51 AM
If you are with Verizon, Thunder is your new device or you will need to move to AT&T. They have provided me with outstanding service. I can not remember having a dropped call in Jacksonville, FL

BBSwany
05-15-2008, 10:58 AM
I really doubt that three carriers will be launching the same device at the same time. The average turnaround time for a device from GSM to CDMA is about a year. AT&T is first, followed by T-Mobile in the Fall, then on to Verizon and Sprint.

Cory Scheuer
05-15-2008, 11:33 AM
and rogers at the same time at at&t

King Neptune117
05-16-2008, 07:49 AM
I understand that you're really hoping to have the Bold on Verizon relatively soon. I can only tell you that the only way to get the Bold THIS year is to switch to a GSM network because Verizon will not be getting it this year, ESPECIALLY if they're going to get the rumored Thunder. I've seen your posts on numerous threads about the Bold coming for Verizon, but you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Both the 88xx series and the curve came out for Verizon after ATT had it for about a year. There isn't even a release date for the Bold, so you're looking at least mid to late 2009 IF the Bold will be out on Verizon at all.

My suggestion is if you really want to stick with Verizon, get a Curve, if you want the Bold that badly, jump ship when it comes out for ATT. But service always more important than a phone. You can have a jesus phone that makes coffee and clean your apartment, but its basically a nice looking paper weight if you get spotty or no service where you make the most phone calls.

True

King Neptune117
05-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Just gonna wait and see what thunder looks like

g_patrick15
05-16-2008, 11:56 AM
I don't trust that site...first, they mention the Tmobile version will have 3g support when many say it wont. Further, the Tmobile device reads "no" for UMA support.

Everything I've read states that there will be a model for T-Mobile with 1700mhz 3G

shona67
05-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Everything I've read states that there will be a model for T-Mobile with 1700mhz 3G

Yes and also 2100mhz.

davidlw
05-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Well I jumped ship from VZ to AT&T yesterday. I cannot wait for the Bold. I had to order a signal booster ZBoost for my office because of bad reception there but my current phone works works everywhere well but my office. PS the ZBoost will help all of my other 3 phones as well.

rambo47
05-16-2008, 01:36 PM
According to a friend at Verizon, they haven't even gotten the specs to design a testing program. Forget getting an early CDMA unit for testing - they don't even exist yet. The 9000 is 12 months from a Verizon launch, maybe more. It's not even on the radar yet.

Well, I guess we all know the value of my source's information! :oops:It's coming out in September and he knows absolutely nothing about it. Either he's really working in the mail room and lies about it or he gave me false information on purpose. I'm not too keen on either scenario, really. (n)