PDA

View Full Version : calendar question

sherrib
08-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi. can anyone tell me what the "mark as private" in the calendar is for? I thought it would not show what a specific appt. is, but it doesn't appear to do anything?

ChrisLuce
08-02-2005, 02:38 PM
I am thinking that if you are using Outlook and sharing Outlook with someone else that uses your machine and you SYNC with Outlook from you BB, that it may not show it on the Calendar in outlook? That just a guess but I have not tried it myself so I may just be blowing smoke...

sherrib
08-02-2005, 03:06 PM
hi chris. thanks for the help.

but actually, i'm not syncing with anything. i just don't want it to be visible on my blackberry. is that not what it's for?

ChrisLuce
08-02-2005, 03:41 PM
OK, so you are only using it on the BB. You would think that if it was MARKED PRIVATE, then nothing would show on the Calendar and unless you had some reminder for it, you would not know anything is there. I am going to mess with it on my BB and I will let you know what I come up with.

jasonb
08-02-2005, 08:28 PM
The private feature is just for if you are sharing your calendar. If I am not mistaken. That is the way that Outlook is setup to use it. It really is kinda useless if you are not syncing or sharing your calendar.