PDA

View Full Version : Custom Address book/ring tones??

Cory Scheuer
05-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Hello crackberry peeps!

I searched but couldn't find anything really specific.

But what I was hopeing to do was set up an exception in my profiles or something of the sort, so when people in my address book call me it plays one ring tone, and then when someone calls me that's not in my address book it play a different ringtone? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! And sorry if I missed it in my searched.

John Clark
05-17-2008, 02:28 AM
You'd have to setup an exception for every contact, I think. Not real practical.

FF2
05-17-2008, 09:30 AM
That's the kind of thing "hacking" the backup file might expedite - if someone can figure out what bit or string is set for one exception, it might be possible to use and edit/search/replace to move through a backup file (hex, of course) and try doing it to all other items (contacts). Then restore the edited backup file to the BB????

Cory Scheuer
05-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Darn. I was hoping there was another way besides doing 350 exceptions lol oh well... Thanks tho guys!

rachamphetamine
05-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Wirelessly posted

Someone posted a link about software called Black and Whitelist in another thread about a similar topic. Perhaps Google could provide more info!

Cory Scheuer
05-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Black and white app is for if you want a certain number(s) rejected before the device rings. I want a different tone for people in my address book and for people that aren't. So when someone in my address calls it play one ring tone but when someone that isn't in my address book I want a different ring tone to play. But for now I have set up exceptions in my profiles until there is another way