PDA

View Full Version : AT&T Question

King Neptune117
05-17-2008, 08:10 PM
I know that with Verizon, when you get a blackberry you NEED to buy a blackberry data plan that is an extra 30 bucks a month I think. Do you need to get this with AT&T?

Dawg
05-17-2008, 08:14 PM
no but most people will tell you that its worth every penny for the data plan because you limit the BBs use drastically

King Neptune117
05-17-2008, 08:19 PM
well with verizon when I get this blackberry plan does it include texting and pic messaging? This way I would be paying for the blackberry plan AND texting and pic messaging

Dawg
05-17-2008, 08:21 PM
depends on the plan you get some include it some dont.

ezrunner
05-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Wirelessly posted (what does it matter?)

You can get a BB without data however you don't get the mail in rebate

Dubdub
05-18-2008, 07:00 PM
I know that with Verizon, when you get a blackberry you NEED to buy a blackberry data plan that is an extra 30 bucks a month I think. Do you need to get this with AT&T?

Why do you keep asking the same question over and over and over again? Thinking maybe that something will change???

numetheus
05-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Ok here is the thing. You don't NEED a BB data plan. But without one you won't be able to use the BB email features, nor will you be able to browse the web. Your BB becomes just like every other phone at that point.

You CAN get away with a cheaper data plan for regular phones, and it WILL WORK. But you won't have access to the BB email (BIS), nor will you be able to use any of the BIS based programs like the browser. You CAN though, use Opera for web browsing, and install the GMAIL app to check your gmail account. But that is hardly push.

It depends on what you need. If you want just a regular phone with PIM features, go without any data plan. If you want limited Internet without push email, get a cheap data plan. If you want to take full advantage of your BB with push email and everything, get a proper BB plan.

takeshi
05-19-2008, 01:37 PM
This does seem very deja vu... :razz:

The word you're looking for is "required". Verizon requires you to do so. At&t does not. Need is something you have to assess for your own situation. Want more than voice and SMS? Get a BB data plan.