PDA

View Full Version : maintenance

bbgirl
08-03-2005, 09:32 AM
any one know of pdfs on how to maintain your bb and keep it in good working order?

deej
08-03-2005, 09:48 AM
I don't know of any special tricks or cleaning tips, except to wipe it off with a slighlty damp soft cloth, and use some canned air to keep it clean in between, but that's just me, an obsesive compulsive person (lol) Seriously I am OCD and all of my stuff stays clean and organized. Ha ha.

deej

rcrivera03
08-03-2005, 10:14 AM
This is what I use to keep my BB clean:

1) Can of Air Duster
2) Small detail brush (you can get it in the Automobile Aisle of Wal-Mart or Target)
3) Monitor wipes. I use these because they do not have a lot of alcohol.
4) Screengardz, here is the link: http://www.screenguardz.com/

What I do is wipe it down with the monitor wipes. If there is anything around the keys or in the grooves, I use the detail brush and the can of Air Duster to get the grooves cleaned. I aslso remove the battery door to clean in slots where the door attaches. Finally if I need to I change the screengardz. Although if you keep them wiped down you can get two or three weeks out of them. Hope this helps you guys out. I'm not OCD, like someone said above. But I keep my electronics and gadgets extremely clean.

ChrisLuce
08-03-2005, 10:31 AM
I usually use a QTIP to clean around the edges os the screen and I also have a cleaning cloth that came with one of my cell phones to get the rest off the screen etc.

Cam
08-03-2005, 12:37 PM
When I drop it in the dirt, I try to wipe as much off as I can before I put it back in the holster. :)

bfrye
08-03-2005, 12:56 PM
1) Don't submerge your blackberry in any liquids other than grain alcohol. If this happens, quickly tilt your head back, open your mouth and hold the blackberry directly above your mouth and proceed to drain any excess fluid from the device.

2) Don't drop your blackberry on any surface harder than carpet. If you feel then need to smash your blackberry against something non-plyable, pick the forhead of the co-worker you least admire. It should survive the impact.

3) Do not attempt to service your blackberry. The only tools available for servicing blackberries are a 10lbs sledgehammer and an icepick and this method should only be done by a qualified service technician.

4) If your device is locked up and non-functional, take the ice pick and hammer from step 3 above. Place the point of the icepick directly in the center of your screen. This is the hard reboot switch. Give one good whack. Try to avoid hitting your fingers. It's best to let your least favorite co-worker from step 2 to hold the ice pick and blackberry while you swing.

KonTiki
08-03-2005, 01:41 PM
And what happened to the cleaning tips in the instruction manual, you know, attach half a stick of dynamite, light, and run like hell?

D-Mace37
08-03-2005, 02:17 PM
1) Don't submerge your blackberry in any liquids other than grain alcohol. If this happens, quickly tilt your head back, open your mouth and hold the blackberry directly above your mouth and proceed to drain any excess fluid from the device.

2) Don't drop your blackberry on any surface harder than carpet. If you feel then need to smash your blackberry against something non-plyable, pick the forhead of the co-worker you least admire. It should survive the impact.

3) Do not attempt to service your blackberry. The only tools available for servicing blackberries are a 10lbs sledgehammer and an icepick and this method should only be done by a qualified service technician.

4) If your device is locked up and non-functional, take the ice pick and hammer from step 3 above. Place the point of the icepick directly in the center of your screen. This is the hard reboot switch. Give one good whack. Try to avoid hitting your fingers. It's best to let your least favorite co-worker from step 2 to hold the ice pick and blackberry while you swing.

Is number two applicable to supervisors, senior managment and partners?
Just need some clairification. :razz:

KonTiki
08-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Just do not aim for the person that signs the paychecks, everyone else is fair game, after all you know BlackBerries, they are squirmy little suckers, specially when they start vibrating.

NJBlackBerry
08-03-2005, 03:06 PM
After dropping a BlackBerry in some liquid, usually a urinal, follow Mark Rehjon's copyrighted works on how to recover a wet BlackBerry. Available at stores everywhere.

Soapm
08-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Good I found this tread, I thought mines was broke. I was openeing a blank message and typing, "bbclean" but nothing was happening. ???

Dawg
08-03-2005, 08:02 PM
I use my pants leg just rub it on my knee and wala its clean again

NJBlackBerry
08-03-2005, 08:37 PM
wala?

Dawg
08-04-2005, 05:04 AM
dont ask me that was 18 hours into my day lol i might have typed anything

NJBlackBerry
08-04-2005, 05:37 AM
I just thought that wala was some sort of Georgia based cleaning agent ;-)

Soapm - bbclean was brilliant!

KonTiki
08-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Wala is the past participle of voila. I looked it up on my Funk & Wagnalls (how is that for some timely albeit dating piece of trivia, it may even qualify for the flying fickle finger award). (Insert a drum roll here).

NJBlackBerry
08-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Sock it to me
Sock it to me
Sock it to me
Sock it to me

GonzotheDuck
08-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Why do you need to clean a BB?

DavidE
08-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Wala is the past participle of voila. I looked it up on my Funk & WagnallsThe Oxford English Dictionary has:

wala (also top-, topee-wallah)
[a. Hind topwala, one who wears a hat, f. top + wallah fellow], the Indian name for a European, because he wears a hat. The term is used by the natives with a shade of disparagement', while all persons claiming European blood' take pride in wearing a hat'

Would a Walaberry be someone who wears or carries a BlackBerry, even when it isn't needed, mostly as a point of pride?

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com

KonTiki
08-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Would a Wala-Wala be ambidextrous?

cohiba smoker
08-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Dawg...
I'm going to be in Atlanta next week, should I look out for a Wala? Would I get in trouble for bringing 1 back to Indiana?

DavidE
08-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Would a Wala-Wala be ambidextrous?Only if they're from Walla Walla, Washington (http://www.ci.walla-walla.wa.us).

See what you've started, Dawg?

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com

Dawg
08-05-2005, 05:28 AM
depends on where you are going in Atlanta on whether you will see a wala or not. Dawg...
I'm going to be in Atlanta next week, should I look out for a Wala? Would I get in trouble for bringing 1 back to Indiana?