PDA

View Full Version : Trackball issues HELP

Jeremybillie
05-18-2008, 05:10 PM
my trackball moves in all directions but does not do anything when I press it. Any help would be appreciated.

John Clark
05-18-2008, 05:12 PM
It sounds like the contact on the circuit board has flattened out. This happens from being in a pocket too much or just wearing out. You can try fixing it by popping the chrome ring off and removing the trackball assembly and see if you can push the contact.

Dubdub
05-18-2008, 07:04 PM
my trackball moves in all directions but does not do anything when I press it. Any help would be appreciated.

You might also do a search on cleaning the trackball. Could be a lint or dirt problem, especially if you carry it in your pocket.

Jeremybillie
05-18-2008, 07:43 PM
how difficult is popping off the ring? Are there detailed instructions anywhere?

brewkatz
05-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Here's a You Tube demo - YouTube - HOW TO COLOR THE BLACKBERRY 8130 TRACKBALL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s0IwhV_k9M)

It shows what you are asking for.

Disclaimer- Don't do it if you aren't comfortable, just like the video says! If it's still under warranty, take it back.

Jeremybillie
05-19-2008, 06:19 AM
I popped off the trackball and cleaned everything real well. Still nothing. The main issue is the selecting of things when pushing the trackball. Moving in all directions works fine

Jeremy

dakatza
05-20-2008, 10:30 AM
i had the same problem with mine. What worked for me was when the trackball assembly was out, i took a blunt tool and pushed the contact on the board a few times. Seems to have cleared up the problem for now. Try taking it apart again, and while the trackball is out, take a hex driver (or something similiar) and push the flat part of it against that gold colored contact. you should feel it spring back.