PDA

View Full Version : How to restore Password Keeper?

bbvit
05-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Accidently (don't ask why!) deleted the Password Keeper application from the device. DM's application loader doesn't show a checkbox for it anymore. Any idea on where to find the PK for BB 8700c (att) to reinstall it on the device?
Thanks!

Sith_Apprentice
05-19-2008, 12:39 PM
All you should have to do is uninstall the OS from your PC then reinstall it. Delete the vendor.xml and see if the option is there.

Welcome to the forums

bbvit
05-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks!
I wasn't sure exaclty what "uninstalling the OS from PC" means, but removing vendor.xml didn't help - still no PK option in the DM's App Loader. Any more ideas for the (very) new Forum member?

Thatzmister2u
05-19-2008, 01:04 PM
You will need to download the OS for your model and install it on your PC. Then delete the vendor.xml file, backup your device, then goto application loader and check Password keeper.

Info on getting the OS on your PC (Be sure to Download the one you are currently running):

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_upgrade_the_OS_on_my_BlackBerry%3F)

bbvit
05-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks, it worked!
But now I'm having a different problem. Trying to restore my password list from the desktop (backed up the device before removing the PK), but the DM doesn't allow me to pick PasswordKeeper from the list of Desktop File Databases. I'm using Advanced option under the Backup/Restore, and when I select the PasswordKeeper in the left side list, the arrow stays disabled and won't allow me to move it to the right (device) side.
Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance!