PDA

View Full Version : GMM - my location ALWAYS "temporarily unavailable"

a1b2c3d4
05-19-2008, 06:24 PM
i have tried to get help with this issue from google with no luck, so i'm hoping someone here may be able to help..

i have google mobile maps installed on my 8703e and regardless of when i try or where i am, my location always says it's temporarily unavailable. is this a compatibility issue? according to the GMM website, this function should work regardless of whether or not your device supports GPS, and all color-screen blackberry devices are compatible with GMM. has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

thanks

daphne
05-19-2008, 09:24 PM
It works fine on my VZW 8703e. Never had a problem. Maybe it's permissions problem? Try Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Google Maps. Set everything to Allow and see if that fixes the problem.

a1b2c3d4
05-19-2008, 10:03 PM
nope, didn't work.. thanks though

bduane
05-20-2008, 02:58 PM
It works fine on my VZW 8703e. Never had a problem. Maybe it's permissions problem? Try Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Google Maps. Set everything to Allow and see if that fixes the problem.

I thought they disabled the internal GPS on the VZM 8703e? Are you using a bluetooth GPS? I can not get my internal GPS to work with gmm on my sprint 8703e either, i think it just isn't supported yet.

daphne
05-20-2008, 10:03 PM
If you don't have GPS, My Location works with cell towers and triangulation. How well it works is another question...

a1b2c3d4
05-22-2008, 01:17 AM
I thought they disabled the internal GPS on the VZM 8703e? Are you using a bluetooth GPS? I can not get my internal GPS to work with gmm on my sprint 8703e either, i think it just isn't supported yet.

what daphne said. it's supposed to use cell towers to get a general idea of your whereabouts. it doesn't matter if your service provider has the GPS unlocked.