PDA

View Full Version : HOLSTER PROBLEM...will not work

uzurp
08-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Hello,

I've had a 7100T for 2 months now and noticed about a week ago the Holster function does not seem to be working. When I place the 7100T in the Holster the window does not shut down. Is this a result of the Holster just getting worn in? When I press the holster to make it tighter, it still does not work. Could the magnet have lost its magnetism (I assume there is a magnet activation)? Or is there something I am missing? Thanks for your help!

Uzurp

iamchrismullins
08-03-2005, 03:51 PM
you might want to break out the manual and look to setup the different profiles for in and out of holster..

uzurp
08-03-2005, 04:34 PM
That's not what I mean....the Holster itself is not working or not activating the phone, not the profiles for In or Out of Holster functions. Thanks

pharma1
08-03-2005, 04:39 PM
The holster I got with my 7100t did not have a magnet. I had to get a replacement from the TMobile store.

Dawg
08-03-2005, 04:44 PM
if you didnt but an OEM holster they may not have the magenet

KonTiki
08-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Just get a small magnet from a craft store and gently insert it between the outer and inner sections of leather, glue back with crazy glue and voila. I have done it to two cases and it works fine. Never have an issue with battery.

Dawg
08-03-2005, 08:03 PM
nice idea kontiki

morgyn
08-03-2005, 08:10 PM
I also found that the holster was the oposite way around to what I thought it should be.. Try putting the 7100 in the other way, and see if that helps.

AlbertoM
08-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Just get a small magnet from a craft store and gently insert it between the outer and inner sections of leather, glue back with crazy glue and voila. I have done it to two cases and it works fine. Never have an issue with battery.Where, exactly? The OEM holster, for example, seems to have a magnet on each side...where is the magnet supposed to be even with?

KonTiki
08-03-2005, 10:40 PM
On my 7250, I matched the location on the plastic holster that comes with it, the next thing I did was that since I never place it facing the same way, I matched the location again on the other side so that no matter which way I holster it (as long as it faces outwards) is always effective. If you do not put one on each end and you holster it the wrong way it will not put it to sleep, and since I occassionaly will put it right side up or wrong side up (you decide) I dont worry.