PDA

View Full Version : any1 know any internet radio site that work with bb latest bb os?

vincentnyc
05-23-2008, 08:19 AM
any1 know know any website or direct link for internet radio that work with the latest blackberry 4.5 os? i prefer some us and uk radio playing today hit music! thx in advance.

ps i have os 4.5.0.37 on my 8310 curve if it helps.

Azurelimits
05-23-2008, 08:48 AM
well one suggestion might be to go to pandora.com/mobile on your computer to see if that will work with your phone. Its only for att and sprint though.
Hope this helps

vincentnyc
05-23-2008, 08:52 AM
why on my computer and not my bb? there isn't any direct link or website that i can put on my bb just like youtube?

vincentnyc
05-23-2008, 09:56 AM
it said pandora doesn't support my device....lol.

any1 else have any suggestion?

vincentnyc
05-26-2008, 11:09 PM
i found something cool...if u go to cdnow.com on ur bbrowser...and do a search for music cd..u can listen to samples songs from cds on their website. i bet it workd with other music website that has samples song too.

LancePipes
05-28-2008, 08:25 PM
SomaFM: Commercial-Free, Independent Internet Radio (http://www.somafm.com)

works on my VZW 8130, so it probably works on anything ;) you don't have many choices though and if you don't like eclectic tunes you've never heard before then you probably won't like it. Oh, it also eats your battery FAST. I don't use it often, but in my experience, it's almost 1% of battery per minute. Listen for 10 minutes.....take a 10% hit in battery charge.

Peace,
LTP

LancePipes
05-28-2008, 08:58 PM
well one suggestion might be to go to pandora.com/mobile on your computer to see if that will work with your phone. Its only for att and sprint though.
Hope this helps

Man, I'm really starting to regret getting this VZW CDMA phone. It seems like EVERYTHING comes to GSM phones first! I'd really dig having this on my phone...even my phone would die after an hour or two.

Does Pandora mobile work like it does on desktop where you type in artist/song and it plays similar artists/songs? Pandora is pretty fascinating in how it works.

dlpisgreat
05-29-2008, 04:47 PM
XM offers around 20+ channels that you can listen to over the radio. Only for North America users. Cost is $7.99 a month. You can try it for 3 Days for free.

Sounds good. Be aware you really need an unlimited data plan. Also, since it is actively using the radio signal, your battery will drain in about 3+ hours of continuous use.

knoxpd
08-27-2008, 11:54 PM
I have been using Moodio Streaming Radio for radios stations all over the world including station in my own town, It works great comes in clear only problem that I have noticed at times is that it stops playing and have to tell it to keep playing and sometimes not all times when you go to exit it reboots the blackberry but the over all is a (y)

ajdaniel
08-28-2008, 07:33 PM
i'll second moodio. absolutely amazingly easy. no installation of any app necessary onto your blackberry. just go to their mobile site and click on whatever radio station you have added. Enables you to literally play any radio stream you'd be able to play on your computer. and it even works on EDGE!!

WillJitsu
08-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Moodio (http://www.moodio.fm) works quite well in my experience.

militia
08-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Wirelessly posted

It's not quite radio but it streams all the music from your computer and works well with BBs..
Look into Winamp Remote

Redflea
08-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Berry Tunes is an excellent internet radio streamer...pros: no skips, comes w/a bunch of stations and you can add your own. Cons: costs $25, simple to understand but tedious UI.

djxedxd
09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Moodio for sure I use it the play music in my truck right to my stereo thru Bluetooth. Skips now n then buy then so does XM and serious so I can deal with it.

pvdilf40
09-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Does anyone know of a way to stream NFL Field Pass (NFL Field Pass (http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass)) games over BB 4.5? I believe they stream RealPlayer and WMA audio. I'd like to sign up for it and be able to listen to any NFL game on my BB wherever I go.

SMF
09-02-2008, 11:55 AM
So I signed up for moodio but on my 8820 (latest 4.2) it won't play - I keep getting the message "Unsupported media type: application/sdp". Any help with configuration settings?

Thanks,
SMF

zerog46
09-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Same here with 4.5

vincentnyc
09-02-2008, 03:27 PM
i just verified...moodio works great on my curve!!! listening to z100 right now on my curve...a bit of lag...but acceptable!!! at first when it tried to connect...it sounds like it was making a phone call or something...let's hope it is not some type of scam and try to make an international call or one of those expensive sex line call! lol.

yellowdragon
09-03-2008, 07:07 AM
I like Virtual Radio on my 8820 with 4.5... But sometimes it forgets how to use the loudspeaker :-(

vincentnyc
09-03-2008, 08:20 AM
ok...moodio eats up a chunk of my battery..i think it has to do with the screen unable to dim screen while playing...does any1 know how to dim the screen while playing a radio on moodio?

stormdore
09-03-2008, 09:50 AM
So I signed up for moodio but on my 8820 (latest 4.2) it won't play - I keep getting the message "Unsupported media type: application/sdp". Any help with configuration settings?

Thanks,
SMF

Same thing for me! Any ideas?

Terri

pvdilf40
09-03-2008, 06:08 PM
My guess is becasue Moodio streams from the browser it needs 4.5 OS (Not 4.2) to work. It is pretty cool site. Audio quality is pretty good for 24kbps parametric stereo.