PDA

View Full Version : Icon for Outlook Messages?

debineezer
05-25-2008, 03:07 PM
I found a post on here that helped me get an individual icon for SMS messages onto my desktop, so now I have "Messages", "SMS" and "IMAP" icons, but of course, everything feeds into "Messages". Is there a way to get an icon that just has Outlook messages in it?

Thanks.

djm2
05-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Assuming that your Outlook email is a single POP account that you are accessing via BIS, there should be an icon for that email account. Hide the other similar icons, and there you are.

JSanders
05-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Wirelessly posted (8310; The Juggernaut)

If you hide the MAIN messages folder, you might miss any pin or bowser push messages. Hide the email specific icon.

djm2
05-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Personally, I only use the main and then have BBSmart color code which account they've arrived from.

daphne
05-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Personally, I only use the main and then have BBSmart color code which account they've arrived from.

Do you mean you can color code by account in the messages list? How is that done? I don't see it...

djm2
05-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Do you mean you can color code by account in the messages list? How is that done? I don't see it...

I'm working from memory, but I believe that if you select the BBSmart options you are allowed to select the color of the email headers. I'll check later on the BB and report back if I have erred.

daphne
05-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Yep, I see how to change the color of the email headers, but the email still looks the same in the messages folder list. Or did I misunderstand what you meant? I thought you meant the messages would be color coded in the main message list.

zerog46
05-25-2008, 10:31 PM
As far as I know you can only color code them after there open.

djm2
05-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Yep, I see how to change the color of the email headers, but the email still looks the same in the messages folder list. Or did I misunderstand what you meant? I thought you meant the messages would be color coded in the main message list.

Sorry -- I meant when open.

daphne
05-26-2008, 01:03 PM
No problem. I thought maybe I'd overlooked something. It would be a nice feature to have the emails color coded by account in the message list, though.

debineezer
05-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Outlook is my default email being pushed by the Blackberry Enterprise Server...there's no icon for that, nor have I figured out how to access any settings whatsoever for that account. I'm assuming it's all handled at the enterprise level. I just moved to this from a Windows Mobile device, so I'm neither sure I'm asking the right questions or looking in the right spots. Gotta say, this is SOOOOOO much better than my Windows Mobile, though:)!

Alternately, I'd be happy to keep my IMAP messages out of my main messages box. I managed to do that with the SMS messages, but can't figure out a way to do that with other email accounts. I'm sure the answer is here on the board somewhere, I just don't know what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help!