PDA

View Full Version : Help - Can't send SMS now...

l Krafty l
05-26-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm seriously hating this phone, and now I can't send SMS messages. One day they were just all gone and now when I try to send it says "No message service configured" when I have the unlimited text plan. So now I can't see anyones text when they send me it, let alone can't tell cause RIM though not giving a screen notification was plain brilliant.

Can someone help me so I can use this phone for something again?

Marathonman
05-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Try a battery pull. You might to call AT&T to see if it is problem with BB.

rwireless
05-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Yes you need to call your provider.. And if they dont help just keep calling back and you will get some one that will help... (it just may take a call or two).

l Krafty l
05-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Still nothing. Don't worry about it, someone said I can take it back and trade it in for an iPhone.

Helmdawg
05-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Still nothing. Don't worry about it, someone said I can take it back and trade it in for an iPhone.

Yeah, good luck with that :smile:

Marathonman
05-26-2008, 09:00 PM
If you are a big text person you won't like the iphone. Call first.

rachamphetamine
05-26-2008, 09:15 PM

If it's a problem with your texting plan, switching phones won't help..

rwireless
05-26-2008, 09:38 PM
I have a work blackberry and a personal iPhone.... the iphone sucks...

Dubdub
05-26-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm seriously hating this phone, and now I can't send SMS messages. One day they were just all gone and now when I try to send it says "No message service configured" when I have the unlimited text plan. So now I can't see anyones text when they send me it, let alone can't tell cause RIM though not giving a screen notification was plain brilliant.

Are you on a BES perhaps?

l Krafty l
05-26-2008, 10:01 PM
If you are a big text person you won't like the iphone. Call first.

I will like it more than the Blackberry overall.

I have a work blackberry and a personal iPhone.... the iphone sucks... I'll trade you. You'll have two.

Are you on a BES perhaps? I dont know. It was working this morning.

rachamphetamine
05-27-2008, 06:16 PM
I dont know. It was working this morning.

BES is a corporate/business data account, whereas BIS is the individual personal data plan added to accounts.

Dawg
05-27-2008, 06:19 PM
What did you do to the device before it quit working. Just coming in saying it doesnt work does not give anyone any information to help you.

Tell us what device, what soiftware you are running what you were doing prior to the problem, stuff like that will tells us loads of info.

PURESKILLZZZ
05-28-2008, 03:11 AM

Ok I am new to this forum but i am sure if you been on phone forums you know me if not google the name. Now sms is the most basic of phone services which actually uses little to no settings. MMS is a big issue. If you cant send a sms message there is definitely something wrong with your phone. You can take any unlocled phone from any carrier in the world place any sim card in it and send a sms. So phone needs fixing , resetting or tossing in the trash . Hopefully this answers all your questions.

Just my 2 cents

wjackson81
05-28-2008, 05:19 AM
If you have time, go back to the store... from my experience ATT store employees are about 1000 times more helpful than the fools they staff for phone customer service.

Any other problems with the phone? Like you said sms is about as basic as it gets, so should we assume that you can only make phone calls and do nothing else?

Dawg
05-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Ok I am new to this forum but i am sure if you been on phone forums you know me if not google the name. Now sms is the most basic of phone services which actually uses little to no settings. MMS is a big issue. If you cant send a sms message there is definitely something wrong with your phone. You can take any unlocled phone from any carrier in the world place any sim card in it and send a sms. So phone needs fixing , resetting or tossing in the trash . Hopefully this answers all your questions.

Just my 2 cents

LOL well I found my may Nominee for post of the month. a legend in his own mind

ezrunner
05-28-2008, 08:01 AM
WHOA!!!

How did I miss this one!!!!

and I doubt it is the phone itself

very few settings on the phone however on the back end there is quite a bit that can create problems with SMS