PDA

View Full Version : Connection Problem

pheng617
05-26-2008, 10:17 PM
for some reason my connection says OFF.. so i go to manage connections turn on mobile network and wifi. it connects to wifi but on home screen of phone it says initialization failed. also my sim card i believe is messed up. I tried putting it into another phone it said insert sim. so im believing the sim card has broken. also i think it was due to the phone lock i setup on the phone though password was not entered in more then the amount of attempts set i am not sure why my sim card has gone down the pooper.
if it is the sim card. would it be replaced for free with insurance? any clues on how to fix this?

Dubdub
05-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Make sure you are putting the SIM in correctly.

Try pulling the battery while the device is on. Leave it out for about 30 seconds and putit back in. This seems to fix a number of problems.

pheng617
05-26-2008, 11:34 PM
ive read in a post where "4.5 sometimes will kill your SIM CARD" though ive tried putting the sim into other phones and it just says put sim in. The only thing i can do currently is make emergency calls. Would you know if the sim card is covered by insurance on the phone? Also could the password security on the phone be a problem with the sim?

pheng617
05-27-2008, 12:44 AM
ehh i think the password security thing messed up my SIM card blah

g4rr3tt
05-27-2008, 02:50 AM
looks like your carrier is t-mobile. i have them as well and they've given me new sim cards for free when i just asked em for a new one...

pheng617
05-27-2008, 01:06 PM
i hope so =) though even if you pay they will credit it back to you it seems =)