PDA

View Full Version : Email Questions

euroxyz
05-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks to the people who helped me with the existing PIN earlier. Problem solved.

I mainly got the phone to use with my work email that runs on Outlook. I set the email (bb email) up on the bb website. I would also like to add an Outlook address and MSN. When I enter the info the website can't configure. It asked me to download something but I guess I should do that a the work computer? So it can detect some email settings.

What about MSN? It doesn't detect them and I am not sure how to set it up. Does it even work with MSN? Gmail and Yahoo were examples, not sure if that's the only two web-based emails that work.

Is there a folder I can access to see emails sent to vzw.blackberry.net? I can receive and send them but not sure where exactly they are saved on my phone or online.

Thanks in advance.

Dubdub
05-26-2008, 11:27 PM
All email goes tot he message file.

Not a good idea to use the carrier supplied email address however.

euroxyz
05-27-2008, 12:31 AM
I certaintly would prefer MSN cause I can't lose that address as opposed to a work one but I don't know how to set it up. Anyone have MSN hooked up?

ezrunner
05-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Wirelessly posted (my new touch button BB)

Msn you need to pay for their premium services to get email to the BB.

You could ceate a yahoo or gmail and forward msn to that

zerog46
05-27-2008, 06:58 AM
The only problem is MSN won't allow you to foward to a Yahoo or Gmail account.

Here is the MSN Premium Account Page...Windows Live Hotmail Plus (http://get.live.com/en-us/mailplus/features)

euroxyz
05-27-2008, 10:47 PM
What about logging into MSN from a mobile web address? This hasn't worked successfully for me yet.

kenvan60
05-28-2008, 07:11 AM
I'm a realtor and have 4 different email address's. I forwarded them all to an account I opened in gmail (It's in gmail settings). I went into my BIS account and removed all email accounts listed, leaving only gmail. So now, all my email is picked up by gmail and is then sent to my bb.