PDA

View Full Version : Secret code for total device minutes??

pdroth
05-27-2008, 11:07 AM
I've done an exhaustive search and cannot find the secret ALT-code that will display total device minutes on the status screen.

I just got a new device from AT&T and I'm pretty certain they gave me a refurb that doesn't like to vibrate 100% of the time.

Thanks.

TroyDBrown
05-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Wirelessly posted

No secret code. Just go to your call log. Press the application button and choose status. Your total minutes are listed.

pdroth
05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Wirelessly posted

No secret code. Just go to your call log. Press the application button and choose status. Your total minutes are listed.

Yes I know about that - but you can reset those timers. There is an ALT-XXXX code that will display the lifetime device minutes that cannot be reset.

JSanders
05-27-2008, 11:21 AM
pdroth, if you got the "new" device as a warranty exchange, you can almost be assured that it is a refurb.

greggebhardt
05-27-2008, 12:20 PM
It can be a refurbished phone even if it said zero minutes. RIM is the only one who can see the real number of minutes on that circuit board.

There is little doubt that if it was a replacement, it is a refurbished phone. Likely the vibrator connection is loose. just take it back and they will get you another.

Jase88
05-29-2008, 07:48 PM
There is no "secret code"....

ScandaleX
05-29-2008, 09:36 PM
I've done an exhaustive search and cannot find the secret ALT-code that will display total device minutes on the status screen.

I just got a new device from AT&T and I'm pretty certain they gave me a refurb that doesn't like to vibrate 100% of the time.

Thanks.

I know what you mean. I forget what the code was that I used on my Treos; it would display (and couldnt be changed by the user) whether you had a new or refurbished unit.

I had wanted to know if such a code existed when I had my first Pearl. Now that I definitely have a new Pearl, I didnt think about it any more.

pdroth
05-30-2008, 03:25 PM
There is no "secret code"....

There definitely is... I've used it before. You have to do ALT-something on the status screen I believe.

It used to be posted in the Tips & Tricks post but since that has moved I can't find it and my searches have not been successful either.

MrKyoo
05-31-2008, 03:15 AM
Tips and Tricks - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Tips_and_Tricks)

Thatzmister2u
05-31-2008, 03:41 AM
The Menu>options>status> type BUYR is what you are thinking of but it will not accomplish what you want.

pdroth
06-02-2008, 10:13 AM
The Menu>options>status> type BUYR is what you are thinking of but it will not accomplish what you want.

That's it!! I knew there was something.

And yes, it actually does help me because it says I've exceeded 60 minutes so it is in fact a refurb phone. (I've only used phone maybe 5 times for about a minute each since I got it)

greggebhardt
06-02-2008, 10:53 AM
There is no device life timer that the consumer can access.