PDA

View Full Version : Text message/Blackberry messages

lane2
05-27-2008, 01:03 PM
I have a Blackberry 7100i. On a regular nextel account, you can sign in and access all of your text messages. I have a blackberry account but there is nowhere to see if the messages have been saved. I want to delete my messages, I don't want them hanging out where they can be accessed, and I realize that just because I've deleted them on my blackberry, they are probably still sitting on an account that can be read.

JSanders
05-27-2008, 01:15 PM
lane, welcome to the BBForums.

I am not aware of that access to SMS messages on any of the BlackBerry accounts.

lane2
05-27-2008, 01:29 PM
So it's possible they aren't sitting somewhere to be accessed? That'd be great! Thanks for your help.

JSanders
05-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Well, not accessible to the general public, correct.

But carriers and networks DO have servers on which information resides for a certain amount of time (I don't know how long) and court cases have proven that with the right incentive (i.e. a strong subpoena) that text messages, billing records, etc., can be gotten from your carrier.

lane2
05-27-2008, 01:36 PM
That's fine. This is a corporate account, and I'm really the only one who goes into the corporate account online, but just in case, I didn't want there to be any text messages to look at if anyone else were able to get access. I know they can subpeona them, but I only care about other people accessing them in our small company. I'm just surprised that text messages leave a copy on the account (which I in turn must manually delete) and blackberry messages do not. Thanks for your input.