PDA

View Full Version : Default Home Screen???

scooterdal
05-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi. New to Blackberrys and to this forum. Glad to be here. Hope someone can help with my problem. I've been trying to find an answer for 4 days now. :cry:

I got an 8830W from Sprint for my extended trip to South Africa and installed a GOSIM card for calls back home. I cannot make outgoing calls, but can receive them and can see the SIM card's ID. The GOSIM folks tell me there should be a GOSIM menu which I can't locate on my 8830WE. They also tell me that if I change to the default desktop (or menu or home screen) instead of Sprint's desktop, that I'll be able to see the GOSIM menu. I haven't found a way to change to the default. Is there a way to do that? Or are they blowing smoke?

Thanks for the help.

JSanders
05-28-2008, 11:00 AM
You have have had to install an application for that to happen, perhaps you did? See if you see a folder named Applications, look in there.

If you need to change the homescreen, it sounds as it they mean to change the theme.

Options > Theme.

scooterdal
05-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Well, I did install an application, but it wasn't the GOSIM menu. It was solitaire. :-) I found the Applications folder, nothing in there, and I also looked at the Options... Advanced Options... Applications. After it builds the list of Apps, GOSIM isn't there.

So far, I only have 3 themes on my phone. And none are entitled "default". Just the BB Dimension themes.

winstontj
05-28-2008, 12:23 PM
From personal experience in Europe - Buy a Trac/Go phone and be done with it. If you use your Sprint SIM card you will come home to several hundred dollars worth of bills. I was in Italy, France, Germany and a few others... even while on the train I received text messages non-stop (advertisements) which I was billed for. Cingular was VERY good at making those charges go away but I have since taken a trip for work and the new AT&T is HORRIBLE.

Buy a trac phone over there IMO.