PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone UK - free BB data plan

david_uk
05-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Not often that you get more for less, but it seems that a 6Mb BIS data plan + 5Gb browsing (don't know if this includes tethering) is now bundled at no extra charge if you commit to 18 months and have a business account.

Anytime Price Plans - Mobile Phones - Vodafone Business Shop (http://www.vodafonebusinessshop.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=pricePlans.anyTime&contractLength=18&contractType=183)

Considering that BB plans often cost UKP15 pcm, this is quite a saving and compares well with the other UK carriers. Simple, too.

Foxglove
05-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Wirelessly posted

Thanks for posting the link.

That is pretty good for business users but it would be even better if they had something similar for personal users.

Do you know if the 5GB for browsing is for vodafonelive browsing only or for all browsing? (blackberry browser and Vodafone live browser)

david_uk
05-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Wirelessly posted

Thanks for posting the link.

That is pretty good for business users but it would be even better if they had something similar for personal users.

Do you know if the 5GB for browsing is for vodafonelive browsing only or for all browsing? (blackberry browser and Vodafone live browser)

Yes, I agree Voda should offer it to everyone, it's probably because business connections are more likely to repay the subsidy through higher ARPU (or maybe Voda have cut a special deal with RIM).

The 5Gb allowance covers all browsing.

Foxglove
05-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Wirelessly posted

That is very very good then, perhaps they are gearing up for the launch of the Blackberry Bold :)

It is probably only a matter of time until personal users get a similar deal.

Thank you for answering my question.

david_uk
05-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Wirelessly posted

That is very very good then, perhaps they are gearing up for the launch of the Blackberry Bold :)

It is probably only a matter of time until personal users get a similar deal.

Thank you for answering my question.

Agreed. It's no secret that Voda would love to achieve better utilisation of their 3G network (it costs them less), and with more 3G devices such as the BB Bold coming on stream, bundling mobile data with their voice plans seems an excellent way for them to remove obstacles to higher usage and thereby recapture leadership in this space.