PDA

View Full Version : SMS and network problems

johnfaceman
05-29-2008, 04:11 PM
I searched this and many other forums, and could not find any answers. I have an BB 8800 (with alpha x-sim) being used on tmobile. I can only receive text messages when I am making a call or sometimes after i pull the battery. But if the phone is on and just sort of in standby, I don't recieve anything. It seems as if the network is only active when it is being searched for either when the phone is booted or when I am in call. Any help would be great!

JSanders
05-29-2008, 04:14 PM
john, welcome to the BBForums.

That is very strange. I honestly don't know what an "alpha x-sim" is.

Have you tried pulling the battery (while the BB is powered on), hold 30 seconds, replace and reboot, and try again.

SMS and Phone calls should operate simultaneously.

johnfaceman
05-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the prompt response. I bought the Blackberry from a friend who upgraded to the 8830 but there was no unlock codes available for it. The x-sim is something that is inserted with the sim card and basically unlocks the phone. I have removed the battery many times. When I reboot I sometimes receive multiple texts as the phone searches for the network, but once the phone is on I don't receive any more texts unless I make a phone call.

JSanders
05-29-2008, 04:21 PM
oh yea, you did say you had pulled the battery, and that is when it begins to work temporarily. I even read that, and still asked you the same question, lol.

I honestly have no clue. That is a first for me.

Somebody else might have an opinion, though.

johnfaceman
05-29-2008, 04:23 PM
No worries. Thanks for trying!