PDA

View Full Version : Dropped connection between 8830 and Garmin 760

DennisS
05-30-2008, 09:36 AM
I have established a link between my Blackberry 8830 and Garmin 760. They stay linked for about 30 seconds and then the connection is dropped. The Garmin gives the message, "Phone disconnected" the Blackberry message is "Connection terminated". I have tried the fix mentioned on the earlier thread to turn encription off, but this does not help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis S.

remaerdlacidar
05-30-2008, 01:29 PM
I had the same issue with my 8830. If you log onto the Garmin site, they have an update for the BlueTooth software on the GPS device that fixes this issue.

kyl1
05-31-2008, 08:56 AM
I've read somewhere that if you keep the bluetooth status light on, for some reason this helps the connection stay stable. I had this problem with my parrot blutooth car kit and turning on the status light stopped me from having my connection dropped. I hope this helps! Good luck!

DennisS
06-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks, the update appears to have worked, at least in my home office where I can call myself. The strange thing is that the connection worked when the phone was in the kitchen and I was on the second floor of my house entering the address of a local restaurant. I guess that there is no predicting what strange things will happen with confusers and their smaller cousins.