PDA

View Full Version : organizational issue!!!

diceallion
05-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Heres my question,

I manage 32 guys. Everyday I am getting requests from them and usually I drote them down n paper and tackle them one at a time. Sometimes I forget, why? Because I can not find the reminder tune on my paper note pad.

So my question to you all, how do you guys use your blackberry for this, what I was thinking or picturing in my mind, is like creating 32 folders each representing a employee, and every time I get a request, I want to make a reminder or a note in their folder and set a reminder notice on it.

Is this possible?

Thanks

hnsimpson
05-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (8703e)

Look at todomatrix and ideamatrix.

These both have the ability to do exactly what you are looking for.

-simpson

ma077146
05-30-2008, 10:01 PM
How are you getting the requests, via email or messaging?

There are several applications that allow you to create Tasks or Calendar events from messages and SMS.

PocketDay and Empower email viewer are two that come to mind. Another really good one is Add To Calendar (BerryLogic - Developer of Add To Calendar for the BlackBerry (http://www.berrylogic.com) for that one, the other two are easy to find with a Google/Yahoo search).

If you're getting the requests another way, and then creating the reminders, either tasks or a calendar entry will do the trick. If you're working with lots of them and they have to be juggled, you might want to look at ToDo and IdeaMatrix as already suggested. As I recall, you also can login via the web to the latter and sync with your Berry and vice versa.

diceallion
05-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Well all my requests and todo's come in verbally. Thanks for the advise guys all look into the suggestions, but I am really looking into making "folder per employee" way. It will help me keep track of different peoples different requests. Never know when you wanna go back in the past to review what specifics were asked from certain employees.