PDA

View Full Version : 8310 Curve - BlackBerry Messenger Trouble

juiceberry
05-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Ok, so my BlackBerry Curve 8310 from AT&T originally came with BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) loaded into it. It was working fine and everything. I accidently deleted the BBM application and now I'm trying to reinstall it. First, I tried going to BlackBerry's actual BBM site to download the software (OTA) onto my phone but that didn't work. So then I called up BlackBerry support and they really couldn't help me but one of their reps told me to:

-Download a BBM .zip file
-Extract it's contents
-Connect my BlackBerry to my computer (via USB)
-Open Desktop Manager (which was downloaded from a CD that came with my phone)
-Click on Application Loader
-And then open the extracted contents and transfer them to my BlackBerry by clicking "Add" once in App. Loader

But that didn't work either. I have BlackBerry OS 4.2. I've seen others post about similar issues but not exactly my issue. :-(

Is there anyone that can help me get BBM back onto my phone?
If you need anymore details, feel free to ask!

Thanks. :smile:

P.S - BlackBerry's download site did not work for me and neither did the Desktop Manager/.Zip File attempt.

Thatzmister2u
05-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Ok, so my BlackBerry Curve 8310 from AT&T originally came with BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) loaded into it. It was working fine and everything. I accidently deleted the BBM application and now I'm trying to reinstall it. First, I tried going to BlackBerry's actual BBM site to download the software (OTA) onto my phone but that didn't work. So then I called up BlackBerry support and they really couldn't help me but one of their reps told me to:

-Download a BBM .zip file
-Extract it's contents
-Connect my BlackBerry to my computer (via USB)
-Open Desktop Manager (which was downloaded from a CD that came with my phone)
-Click on Application Loader
-And then open the extracted contents and transfer them to my BlackBerry by clicking "Add" once in App. Loader

But that didn't work either. I have BlackBerry OS 4.2. I've seen others post about similar issues but not exactly my issue. :-(

Is there anyone that can help me get BBM back onto my phone?
If you need anymore details, feel free to ask!

Thanks. :smile:

P.S - BlackBerry's download site did not work for me and neither did the Desktop Manager/.Zip File attempt.

You need to download your devices OS and install on the PC before you can load the application.

Downloads are here. Download, install, locate the vendor.xml file and then kick off application loader. Check BBM and let it go.

BlackBerry Operating System Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads)

E-

juiceberry
05-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks! I'll try this.

Thatzmister2u
05-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks! I'll try this.

Thread updated in post.... sorry!