PDA

View Full Version : Problems after 8130 upgrade

Bigs125
05-31-2008, 04:13 PM
I recently upgraded the software version on my Verizon 8130 to v4.3.0.97 (the newest available on Verizon's website). It was my first upgrade since purchasing the phone in December. The upgrade resolved some issues with Voice Dialing via bluetooth headset. Unfortunately it also created problems with messaging. My Message Box will show all e-mails that I receive however if I get SMS or MMS messages they sometimes are not received. Unfortunately I don't know this until someone calls and says "hey-I sent you a message" - which is problematic. The only way to correct this is to pull the battery, wait 20-30 seconds, and then replace it.

This is becoming an everyday occurrence and is getting pretty annoying. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on a solution to the problem? Thanks for any assistance!

Foxglove
05-31-2008, 06:07 PM
Wirelessly posted

This could be a carrier/signal reception issue. Have you checked with Verizon?

I say this because 2 of my friends (non bb users) have had problems sending / receiving texts for the last 2 weeks on Vodafone uk here in northern Ireland and Vodafone admitted it was a network issue.

Dawg
05-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Its a carrier issue I have been having the same issue for a couple weeks. I did the *228 update and its helped

akosnitzky
05-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Mu wife has the VZW 8130 and we did what Dawg did and it seemed to resolve the problem.

Bigs125
06-01-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the replies. I did try the *228 process yesterday evening and will see how that works. The Verizon network seems to be working okay as my fiance has a non-BB Verizon phone and has no problems with any of her messaging. I'll see if the problem continues the next day or so and, if it does, then will go to Verizon store.

Thanks again!