PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 8700r JOGDIAL NOT WORKING!!

warpstar123
05-31-2008, 11:30 PM
Hi guys, I have a question for the experts, i have a fully working BB8700r however the jogdial only half works, it responds poorly to the rotations however it clicks perfectly... the rotation is really annoying. So my question is that is there a way to replace the jog dial? if so is there like a newbs guide to doing it?

Thanks alot for your response in advance.

John Clark
05-31-2008, 11:33 PM
I've had techs tell me that the trackwheel is the toughest thing on the BB to replace. I suggest sending it here:

HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center (http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com)

ezrunner
06-01-2008, 05:43 AM
Wirelessly posted (my new touch button BB)

I replaced the jogdial on my 8700 myself. However I do have a background in miniature electronics repair. I don't suggest doing it if you are timid. And if ya don't have the equipment send it off! Or buy a used one

I would go with john clarks suggestion

warpstar123
06-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the reply, just another question. I see the trackwheel can be bought from ebay for 10$ including shipping however how much do they charge to replace the wheel and to send it off to you? I hope its not alot since I can get this phone for relatively cheap price.

John Clark
06-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

My guess is that if you can't do it yourself then its probably not worth the cost to have someone else do it. However, contact Horizon Wireless and see what they say.