PDA

View Full Version : JL Commander Killed my 8703e

King Solomon
06-01-2008, 07:29 AM
1st, never delete Brickbreaker. There is no way to get it back again. The Application loader will not let you add it back, and nobody on the web has Brickbreaker.alx available for download.

2nd, never let your work BES touch your device. Once they make "security" changes to the ROM, there is no way to get rid of them. Wiping the BB has no affect.

Loading different versions of BB software 4.2 and 4.3 did not help.

As a last ditch effort, I downloaded JL Commander (which incidentally requires 4.3) and ran ressttofactorydefault. Guess what. Now it will not even boot. When I reset it I get a screen with a box and the numbers 507. Nothing works anymore. Totally dead in the water.

The only solution is to send it back to Verizon for a replacement - $50

MrKyoo
06-01-2008, 07:31 AM
OR you can reload the OS http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8700-series-discussion/118680-latest-os-8703-4-2-1-195-4-2-1-110-cdma.html

NJBlackBerry
06-01-2008, 07:43 AM
1st, never delete Brickbreaker. There is no way to get it back again. The Application loader will not let you add it back, and nobody on the web has Brickbreaker.alx available for download.
Brickbreaker is one of the simple applications that comes with your BlackBerry. It is easy to remove (via Application Loader) and easy to add. Reload the handheld OS to your PC and then you can reload Brickbreaker.

2nd, never let your work BES touch your device. Once they make "security" changes to the ROM, there is no way to get rid of them. Wiping the BB has no affect.
More like never connect a personal BlackBerry to a corporate environment. Did you get permission to do this? At some companies, it is against written policy to connect personal devices to the corporate network. Search for "Remove IT Policy" on how to clean up this mistake.

JL_CMDER did exactly what it was supposed to do. It wiped the applications and OS from the BlackBerry.

Now you have to reload it.

You should definitely check out BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com) for more basic information on your BlackBerry before making blanket statements...

Good luck.

ezrunner
06-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Wirelessly posted (my new touch button BB)

Yup simple search would have resulted in the info the 2 posters above me have you. You will be okay