PDA

View Full Version : Number of Rings Before Voicemail

wafflekyd
06-01-2008, 10:45 AM
I know this should be simple, but I have looked everywhere in my 8830 (Sprint) for a way to change the number of rings before calls go to voicemail. Currently calls go to voicemail if I don't pick up in 2 rings, and I'm not always that fast. Any advice?

lubinda
06-01-2008, 10:57 AM
I know this should be simple, but I have looked everywhere in my 8830 (Sprint) for a way to change the number of rings before calls go to voicemail. Currently calls go to voicemail if I don't pick up in 2 rings, and I'm not always that fast. Any advice?

hello there

your airtime supplier will give you a code to extend the ring time before voicemail - mine is **61*121*10*30#

Move the rings to max - try it

wafflekyd
06-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks, but I called both Sprint and Blackberry and was told that, believe it or not, Sprint does not provide an option for this. Oddly enough, Nextel does, but Sprint does not. Really strange that something as simple as number of rings before voicemail can't be changed. Crazy actually. The Blackberry Tech Support person said that they get many complaints about this, and "Sprint may be working on a fix." The Sprint Tech Support person just said, "I apologize but there's nothing we can do."

DacyJ
06-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Wirelessly posted

Anyone have anything for at&t?

JSanders
06-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Try this for each of them, including Sprint.
Increase amount of rings before voicemail - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.net/index.php/Increase_amount_of_rings_before_voicemail)

As them to increase your ring time before voicemail. It is routinely set at 15 seconds, and most carriers will adjust that to 30 seconds.

danzig69
06-06-2008, 08:45 AM
For Bell Mobilité it's *94x
x= number of ring you want, max 9
exemple : *947 mean 7 ring before the voice mail work.

JSanders
06-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the BBForums.

For most carriers the variable number refers to seconds, not rings, since "rings" itself is a not a measurable term. The length a ring will vary. But Bell certainly could be different and I take your word for it.

squeff
06-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Try this for each of them, including Sprint.
Increase amount of rings before voicemail - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.net/index.php/Increase_amount_of_rings_before_voicemail)

As them to increase your ring time before voicemail. It is routinely set at 15 seconds, and most carriers will adjust that to 30 seconds.

Sprint isn't GSM, so this doesn't work. As for asking, my understanding is the same as wafflekyd: Sprint won't do this.

Jase88
06-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Wirelessly posted (7250)

For Bell Mobilité it's *94x
x= number of ring you want, max 9
exemple : *947 mean 7 ring before the voice mail work.

This is correct.

With Bell, you set the number of rings.

RobM
06-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Wirelessly posted

Anyone have anything for at&t?

just call ATT and have them change it...I did, take 5 secs when you get them on the phone

ERDude
06-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks, but I called both Sprint and Blackberry and was told that, believe it or not, Sprint does not provide an option for this. Oddly enough, Nextel does, but Sprint does not. Really strange that something as simple as number of rings before voicemail can't be changed. Crazy actually. The Blackberry Tech Support person said that they get many complaints about this, and "Sprint may be working on a fix." The Sprint Tech Support person just said, "I apologize but there's nothing we can do."

Don't know who you spoke with at Sprint, I had the same problem called and got it changed. You might try making another call.

prodigee
06-19-2008, 01:59 PM
for fido:

*61**[voicemail#]*11*[time]#

voicemail#: the number you want to forward the calls to (not the mailbox)
time: in 5 second intervals, max 30 seconds

JLeny
06-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Anyone know about T Mobile?

JSanders
06-19-2008, 02:42 PM
^^ read this upper portion of this thread, check the linky.

bigpenadog2004
06-19-2008, 05:46 PM
VZW stated theirs is set at 30 seconds.

gonzy88
06-19-2008, 10:10 PM
just call ATT and have them change it...I did, take 5 secs when you get them on the phone

What exactly are the options to choose from?
For example: 15 sec 20 sec 30 sec etc.

wunderbar
06-20-2008, 02:35 PM
is it possible that he's talking about profiles here though? By default the Blackberry will vibrate twice, then ring twice when a phone call is coming in. Simply changing your profile from ring + tone to Tone only will make it ring the standard 4 times. That's what 90% of the users I manage have done, as most of them complained they didn't know it was a phone call until too late.

alexmarsh
07-09-2008, 10:55 AM
hello, I'm a new blackberry user but I think the software VibAndring (download from Crackberry.com) enables you to customise the number of rings and vibrations that occur when receiving an incoming call

mwestern
07-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I live in the Washington, DC area and VZW was able to adjust the number of rings for me (to 6). However, my forwarded calls still revert to my office voice mail (after 6 rings) when calls are forwarding. Not ideal but better.