PDA

View Full Version : BIS Addresses

Andyn
06-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Is there a way for me to add email accounts from my Sprint BIS account to my AT&T BIS Account?
Both my Sprint and AT&T phones are also on BES.
Example: ********@<hidden> to my AT&T *****@<hidden>?

Also, any idea why Verizon disables the GPS in 8830's?

wabbit
06-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Wirelessly posted

Only thing I can think of fwd one to the other.

Andyn
06-02-2008, 12:39 AM
True......Totally forgot about the cc option.

Dubdub
06-02-2008, 07:52 AM
I think forward is the only option. But you can always try it and see what happens.

I do not recommend using the carrier addresses however. You are opening yourself up for SPAM as they are unfiltered and since you don't own them you can't take them with you when you change carriers and they are subject to change at any time. Plus you can only view email to hose account on the BB, so in case of a BB outage you are out of luck.

squeff
06-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Also, any idea why Verizon disables the GPS in 8830's?

Officially, Verizon states that they are concerned about security. Verizon's approach to GPS uses both the GPS chip and some additional information that's acquired via the network. While their VZ Navigator software encrypts, they don't trust third party programs.

Or, Verizon is being greedy.

Your choice.

Bottom line is that Verizon doesn't allow third party GPS on Blackberry devices on their network. There is a class action suit about this, but my opinion is that the outcome will be that Verizon will have to clearly state in their ads that these phones are GPS enabled ONLY for E911 and VZN. I base this on past court decisions about Verizon disabling certain Bluetooth profiles.

If you want GPS on your BB, either pay Verizon for VZN or switch to a carrier that allows it. Or, see recent posts about using Garmin's new "network free" offering and using it with Verizon and a GPS puck.

Andyn
06-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Ok. I have an at&t 8820 so i'll use it. I have VZ Nav and Telenav.....I was trying to use Superpages 411 but apparently it queries the phones GPS and I was outta luck w/ my Verizon phone.