PDA

View Full Version : Pin Update

BBJunkie
08-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Can I add pin information to my outlook address book? Since I'm not really using the desktop software, I would like to keep track of it all via my address book.

jwaters
08-07-2005, 02:55 PM
I've not found a way to add it and have it sync.

BBJunkie
08-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Not good.......That should be an update on the next software release

rcrivera03
08-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Yes you can. In the calendar, double click on a contact to open it. When the contact window opens you should see a tab called, "ALL FIELDS" Click on this tab, and you should see a drop down menu. In this drop down menu select "Miscellaneous Fileds" You should see two colums now. Column one is the name of the field and column two is the field value. The field names are in alphabetical order, go to "User Field 1" You can type in the PIN here. This automatically sync's with the BB PIN field. If you don't sync at all, insert in the notes field. And you will see it when you open the contact. You can also change the fields according to the numbers you use for the contact.

For example, some of my friends do not have a Business Fax, I change it to other, and put any other number I need for them here. If you need help with this I can walk you through it, just PIN me. Its in the sig. Hope it helps!!

jwaters
08-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks ... I see it does sync with the PIN section :). I never looked at the other fields, so never saw it. Good thing to know.

BBJunkie
08-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Great info. - Thanks

Nextel User
08-08-2005, 06:02 PM
i just noticed this thread. i actually went one step further and set the view in my contacts to show user field 1. the only thing lacking is a way to change the name of the field to PIN !!!

rcrivera03
08-08-2005, 06:04 PM
i just noticed this thread. i actually went one step further and set the view in my contacts to show user field 1. the only thing lacking is a way to change the name of the field to PIN !!!

You can do that too. I chose not to show it on the front side. I've been looking for a way to change the name of that field. If I do, I'll post it here first.

Nextel User
08-08-2005, 06:31 PM
s/o asked how to show the field.
hold the control key when right clicking on a contact and choose show field. then go to miscelaneous fields and choose user field 1