PDA

View Full Version : BB pearl possible someone cloned it, how to solve it?

Sarosh
06-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Heres a issue, my friend, her bb pearl 8100, she lost her sim card one day for 2 weeks and found it at a odd place. for a while now shes been getting threats and stuff, people were getting threats from her tmo.blackberry.net address, and text. then it stopped. now its back again, and she cant figure out who is doing it. she says now its her text number @<hidden>

Is it a possiblity that someone took her sim and cloned it? if so is there a way to stop and fix this?

thatboiwes
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Maybe someone just used it while they had it to make threats to these people.

John Clark
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
If they cloned the sim card they wouldn't have any access to her email account. There is a different address that uses the phone number @<hidden> tmo.net but I don't remember off-hand what it is. If she's really worried about it she should call TMobile and get a new number.

Dubdub
06-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Are these messages coming via an SMS or email?

I would call TMO and report it. And get a new number. Might also think about discussing it with the police. Definitely not a laughing matter if threats are being made.

John Clark
06-02-2008, 10:02 PM
@<hidden>'s the email address that gets sent as a text.

I agree with the above. Time to call Tmobile.

Sarosh
06-02-2008, 10:33 PM
She said it is now number@<hidden> Shes not online now i cant ask more questions. but if she calls tmobile, to get new number that is new sim card too right? and will she lose her bb email address? she said she cant lose or change that because she applied for a lot of jobs with that email address.

John Clark
06-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Why is your "friend" not posting all this? This always makes me suspicious.

JSanders
06-02-2008, 10:37 PM
users really really ought not to use the xxx@<hidden> address as a personal email address... when you change carriers, it is gone. There are spam filters. And now this reason. She/he needs to get a simple gmail or yahoo address.

Sarosh
06-02-2008, 11:12 PM
John Clark, I am just doing her a favor, she is going through hard times, custody, moving, issues with ex. It seems like the ex is doing all this, because he was the only one who could get into her phone. So i am just trying to find a solution for her so she doesnt need to do more work. I understand your concerns.

I will inform her that the best option is to contact the police, and also get a new number/sim.

ezrunner
06-03-2008, 06:28 AM
Wirelessly posted (my new touch button BB)

Ditto all the above

With new sim she will retain all accts email and such

Highly recommend a gmail or yahoo acct

Dubdub
06-03-2008, 06:47 AM
Another vote to NEVER use the carrier supplied email account!